What's new

Stephon Marbury

Yeah but he knows he can't pull that off in the NBA. Not anymore anyway.

Yes I agree with you, but during his prime he was one of the best point guards in the league. He was one of my favorite player in the league. I guess if you love the game very much you will always find a way to play and excel.

He must have felt that he still had a lot to offer basketball, and found somewhere to put his skills and love for the game to good use. I am happy for him.

I am glad but he definetly couldn't cut it in the NBA. I remember when Marbury was the man. It's sad how players fade out over time.

Good job for Marbury. He still got some skills, just couldn't show them off on an NBA court anymore. Well, at least he got a championship overseas.

Congrats to him on finding a way to enjoy the game! I agree, he won't cut it in the NBA anymore, but it's still good to see him enjoying himself (and winning a championship to boost!)

I love how big of a deal people make when players go H.A.M. overseas. Deron Williams had his jersey retired after under twenty games for God's sake. The competition in China is scarce, considering the NBA is composed of the world's best players.

I'm happy for him. I never thought he is actually an emotional guy. He may not have any success in the NBA but I think his dreams finally came true when he played overseas and I wish him all the best. He just got his first championship and I'd love to see more.

Still great that he's playing a game he loves and getting paid to do it though. I don't think he's making an NBA comeback anytime soon, so he should ride it out over there until he can't anymore.

Still great that he's playing a game he loves and getting paid to do it though. I don't think he's making an NBA comeback anytime soon, so he should ride it out over there until he can't anymore.

I feel the same way as you. It's great that he's still able to play basketball and help his team. Good for Marbury !

He got skills alright, but not on the NBA's highest standards anymore. There's a reason why he's playing in Beijing and that's because he's a has been in the NBA. much said.

Starbury was always overated. He was here in PHX for a few years; fans here were glad to see him go. Starbury is a score first, pass second, piont guard. Teammates don't like playing with him and fans grow to detest him. He can score. The problem is, he is a piont guard.

Starbury was always overated. He was here in PHX for a few years; fans here were glad to see him go. Starbury is a score first, pass second, piont guard. Teammates don't like playing with him and fans grow to detest him. He can score. The problem is, he is a piont guard.

That's exactly why he didn't last so long in the NBA. He only cared for the flashy nature of breaking people down and scoring. The man could care less about sticking his man on defense.

Here is a pic of Starbury. This is classic Stephon
a61055a7.gif
Click to enlarge

Incredible talent though regardless. He had great court vision when he chose to use it and he could score and get to the rim very well too. Definitely wasn't always the best teammate though.

That was one of his better game in the couple of years, 41 points is really something you can base the team in

I've always kind of liked the guy actually for some reason I can't quite pinpoint. I doubt he'll ever come back to the NBA. He's treated like a rockstar in China. In comparison, he was treated as a villain when he was in the NBA. I don't think he has forgotten any of that.

I've always kind of liked the guy actually for some reason I can't quite pinpoint. I doubt he'll ever come back to the NBA. He's treated like a rockstar in China. In comparison, he was treated as a villain when he was in the NBA. I don't think he has forgotten any of that.

Yeah he should be pretty happy over there in China. It's good for his Starbury brand as well.

Back