What's new

Stumbled Upon

AlexisMedia

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Stumble Upon

Any tips or tricks to share on how to get stumbled upon views? Seems like every time I submit a discovery of my own site then it gets 2 views and is dropped.

Is it encouraged or against terms to start groups of stumbled support? You like mine, I'll like yours type of thing? Or how can you get the ball rolling otherwise? I just can't figure it out because I personally come across many things that seem like it had to of been started that way.

Thanks!

I was already following Alexis, now following echo :)
I think it's good to build your network on any platform ;)

Never really used Stumble Upon that much to "get it". Is it similar to Digg?

StumbleUpon helps you discover and share great websites. As you click
stumble.png
Stumble!, we deliver high-quality pages matched to your personal preferences. These pages have been explicitly recommended by your friends or one of 8 million+ other websurfers with interests similar to you. Rating these sites you like (
thumbup.gif
) automatically shares them with like-minded people – and helps you discover great sites your friends recommend.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/aboutus/

StumbleUpon helps you discover and share great websites. As you click
stumble.png
Stumble!, we deliver high-quality pages matched to your personal preferences. These pages have been explicitly recommended by your friends or one of 8 million+ other websurfers with interests similar to you. Rating these sites you like (
thumbup.gif
) automatically shares them with like-minded people – and helps you discover great sites your friends recommend.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/aboutus/

Does it actually work for the majority of people though? I know Digg used to be very good but now it only really caters to the big sites which get a tonne of traffic.

Well, I had zero traffic from it submitting sites myself with pretty much no followers or following.

I DM'd Brandon my homepage to stumble for me and had hits trickling in since (specifically the page I only sent him and not other stuff I stumbled). About 15 so far but some are clicking through... I'd imagine if you build a bigger support system you can get rockin pretty good!

Regardless, it's a really fun way to cruise the internet and to gain twitter followers by posting interesting articles (shhhhhhh!)

I have been banned from stunbleupon like 10 times LOL ...Apparently, they do not like people abusing their service :( But, it works well in my opinion. I guess I will make another account soon.

I have been banned from stunbleupon like 10 times LOL ...Apparently, they do not like people abusing their service :( But, it works well in my opinion. I guess I will make another account soon.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you abuse their services LOL!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you abuse their services LOL!

I found a way to boost up the stumble amounts in the code. So instead of waiting for other people to up your number, you could auto up your number as high as you wanted with some simple java and when that broke we created an auto stumble bot. It would sign up and everything and then stumble your link you want to stumble then logout and repeat the process for as many times as you wish. And I think there was a couple other things we did to it, but I forget. But, I can promise you that they are not opposed to banning accounts LOL

Back