What's new

Stupid undeleteable file

^^Lmao, did you even read all the posts? How can navigating through the registry be complicated?(and you don't even have to reboot!)

I read one post that had the right answer.

Boot into safe mode and delete the file.
It's easy and quick.

OR...

When you delete files or folders by using Windows Explorer, use the SHIFT+DELETE key combination. This bypasses the Recycle Bin.
Open a command prompt window and use the rd /s /q command to delete the files or folders.

^ It does not matter, if you have the .avi Windows XP bug Shift+del will not work. And even the safe mode doesn't work with the corrupt .avi problem, or at least, with some people.

Why not just fix the registry and "pull the whole root of the weed out"?

I notice this is drive J: are you using daemon tools or something like this to play this movie?

no its drive j because i have 4 hdds and them partiond such that i had 6, couple that with two cd drives it just kinda worked out that way. i really dont bother to much caring what my drive letters are.

This is how i have deleted files when having this problem in the Past.
  • In windows Open up the command prompt Window.
  • next press ctrl+alt+delete
  • go into the Process Tab and find "Explorer.exe" click on it and select end Process. your start menu and desktop icons will dissapear and all that will be left on your desktop is your wallpaper. DO Not Close the Task Manager, Leave it open.
  • Next use the commamd prompt window to navagate to the Directory where the file you want to delete is located.
  • Now just type "del nameOfFile.avi" replacing nameOfFile.avi of course with the actual name of the file you want to delete. lol
  • once it's deleted, using the task Manager select the Applications tab and at the bottom select New Task. and then click Browse. now Navigate to C:\Windows and find the file called. Explorer.exe select it and click open. Now your start Menu and Icons are back and you file you deleted should be gone.

Seems like a lot but it only takes a second to do once you do it a couple times.

Back