What's new

Suggestion for xmas

G

Ok, so far i have made my dream pc kinda and now im needing a better graphics card. Shure my ti4200 oc'd or non oc'd still runs games but i wanna be ahead of the pack kinda. What im asking you guys for is to help me find a graphics card that costs around $200. This card should have atleast 128meg of ram or really good 64meg. No prefrence on brand and i dont really care about all in wonder but if it comes with a remote i might think about it. GO GET EM!

9600xt is $200 ret plus free HL2, or a 9700 np or 9800 np if you can find one around that price they are hard to find though.

You definately want pro, I got a 9500 pro and it runs games fine. I got it for sale around march for like $180 and it was retail version. If you want something decent i would probably go with the 9600

Look on Ebay for 9800NP's with Samsung chips. My friend just won a bid for one of those for only $217! :eek:

If you don't want to buy off Ebay, then I'd say go for a 9600XT.

Does only the XT series come with the free hl2, cuz i want hl2 free and i still want alot of functions, i was thinking the 9600pro AIW for $230

The 9600XT comes with HL2, yes.

If you don't really need the AIW features, I'd just save some money and get the 9600XT.

yes the 9600 comes with hl2. you just have to fill somthing out over at ATI.com

The AIW 9600 Pro also comes with HL2.

I'm personally waiting to see the new XGI cards.

dude the xgi's are going to be marked up extreemly beacouse of the dual cores

Not all of them have Dual Cores, only the top two.

I already asked for a nice 16ms 17" TFT for Christmas. Looking at the Hitachi one with DVI right now...seems nice...

No more upgrades for me since I also just bought a watercooling kit for $140:
Maze4
Black Ice Pro
Hydor L30
Typhoon 5.25 reservoir
Clearflex tubing

I'm broke! :(

for christmas i'll buy my gf a present other than that i can't afford much.

Yeah, for 200 get the 9600XT. As other people said, free HL2. But you'll have to wait until April to get it. You can either have them ship it to you, or download it off of steam (www.steampowered.com)

i'd never get a sound card, if it were my choice i'd buy the ram. Anything that makes the computer perform better is best.

dude, i love audio plus in near future i may go to 7.1 speakers and im not seeing mobos with onboard 7.1 plus it comes with remote :)

Back