What's new

Super Bowl ad - Tim Tebow - Controversial Subject

That was funny **** BTW....

Since CBS denied a UCC ad a few years ago where they talked about how they welcome anyone because it was too controversial. How is this less controversial? I think if they reject one, they reject all that deal with morality.

Yep! This is the only problem I have with the ad. I think my denomination has some great TV and radio spots - they are entertaining and present the message of the UCC's "stillspeaking" campaign* quite well.

Here is the super bad controversial BANNED UCC ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRcv9u9x3z8

See!?!? It's so bad!!!! Especially the elderly gentleman with the walker who goes flying! LOL

I don't have a problem with what I know about the Tebow ad except that if the network says no to one religious group, they should keep it uniform for all religious groups. Personally, I'm pro-baby for me. And pro-none of my business, it's between them and God for everyone else.

*the stillspeaking campaign is taken from the quote "Never place a period where God has placed a comma." by Gracie Allen. I personally value the sentiment in that it conveys that we are not all finished, and no matter what you've done or where you've been God has something more for you.

Yep! This is the only problem I have with the ad. I think my denomination has some great TV and radio spots - they are entertaining and present the message of the UCC's "stillspeaking" campaign* quite well.

Here is the super bad controversial BANNED UCC ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRcv9u9x3z8

See!?!? It's so bad!!!! Especially the elderly gentleman with the walker who goes flying! LOL

I don't have a problem with what I know about the Tebow ad except that if the network says no to one religious group, they should keep it uniform for all religious groups. Personally, I'm pro-baby for me. And pro-none of my business, it's between them and God for everyone else.

*the stillspeaking campaign is taken from the quote "Never place a period where God has placed a comma." by Gracie Allen. I personally value the sentiment in that it conveys that we are not all finished, and no matter what you've done or where you've been God has something more for you.
Great commercial!!! Networks really have their heads up their asses when they reject ads like this ones.

One time at church they addressed is God pro choice or pro life...

My answer is both.

Obviously God gave whoever a baby b/c it was part of His plan... pro life
BUT He also gave us free will & does not take that from us... pro choice

When I got preggo with Billy.... It was SO not in my plans. I freeked out for weeks, but I could never have an abortion. But, that's just me.

Should they do this during the superbowl...
It IS the largest audience, but majority will be drunk or tapping the main vein while commercials are being aired.
Anyway, I am pro choice for them to be able to do the commercial.

I dont really see this add as pro life and i think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. the ONLY issue i have is that they dont clearly say that she took a HUGE risk. and I am concerned that some women might be influenced to go against thier dr's advice in dangerous pregnancy situations.

I dont really see this add as pro life and i think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. the ONLY issue i have is that they dont clearly say that she took a HUGE risk. and I am concerned that some women might be influenced to go against thier dr's advice in dangerous pregnancy situations.

Just curious as how else it can be seen?

I agree with Mrs Piggy 100%. I'm pro choice but pro life when it came to me. 3 Drs warned me not to have any more children stating either the baby, me or both would die but I proved them wrong twice. I have 6 adult children.
My mother was told when she was 7 months pregnant to go to Cook County hospital because I wasn't alive, she switched doctors.
My sister had a friend who had 3 abortions which ticked me off. I still don't understand why they didn't use some form of birth control. But who am I to judge?.....quote]

Why would your sister's friend having had an abortion tick you off? Did you plan to adopt the baby?

Why would your sister's friend having had an abortion tick you off? Did you plan to adopt the baby?

Back then I would say I was pro- life only.
I had no idea she was pregnant until she had her 3rd abortion in 2 yrs. I just don't agree with it as a form of birth control

Because I, like Mrs. Piggy, am pro-choice for others and pro-life for myself, this ad doesn't bother me. I actually think it's nice that they are trying to dissuade people from having abortions. I think we should push for that morality. What would bother me, though, would be an ad pushing to have them legally banned where no one could ever have a choice.

I think clars had a good point, too - why would they accept some types of ads and not others that clearly have the controversial/morality issues in common?

Back