What's new

Super Bowl Foods/Snacks

Dh and I haven't come to agreement on this yet. I want healthy and he doesn't. I'm considering a couple of recipes I printed out:
Baked buffalo wings
collard greens and artichoke dip
roasted buffalo cauliflower bites
maybe some kind of sweet potato fries with a yogurt sauce - I know I printed something out for that too.
Dh wants fried and greasy.

http://stickafork.net/2012/11/pizza-pull-apart-bread/

This will be my first time making it but I'm sure it will be yummy!

Ingredients:
1/2 batch pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
Additional toppings of your choice

Directions:
On a floured surface, roll your pizza dough out into a large rectangle. Top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Using a pizza cutter or a very sharp knife, cut the dough into long strips, then into squares, so you end up with about 20 squares. Stack the squares onto of each other, and stack into a greased loaf pan. (For pictures of this technique, check out how I did it with this cinnamon pull-apart bread). Cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow to raise for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Baked for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to pizza to rest for 10 minutes before turning onto a serving platter. Serve with additional pizza sauce, if desired.

This sounds delish! I think I will make it, however....I have never made anything with raw pizza dough.:hides:

So, where would be a good place to buy the dough? Or is it readily available anywhere? I wouldn't even know where to find it in the store. I guess I need GPS coordinates.

This sounds delish! I think I will make it, however....I have never made anything with raw pizza dough.:hides:

So, where would be a good place to buy the dough? Or is it readily available anywhere? I wouldn't even know where to find it in the store. I guess I need GPS coordinates.
Do you have a bread machine? I make pizza dough all the time with my bread machine. It is so easy. If you have one there should be a recipe for it in the book that came with the machine.

Or if you have one of the KitchenAid mixers. I make pizza dough in that too.

At any rate, Dominicks has pizza dough in the deli section, kind of in the same area as the pre-made salads/meals. Just wander up to that counter and ask

Or if you have one of the KitchenAid mixers. I make pizza dough in that too.

At any rate, Dominicks has pizza dough in the deli section, kind of in the same area as the pre-made salads/meals. Just wander up to that counter and ask

Do you have a bread machine? I make pizza dough all the time with my bread machine. It is so easy. If you have one there should be a recipe for it in the book that came with the machine.

I do have both machines. I think I will buy the dough this time though due to time constraints. If the family likes the recipe, I will have to try making my own.

Thanks for the tips!

I made this:

Attachments

• 64859_4929636291484_849891558_n.jpg
    64859_4929636291484_849891558_n.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 29
and this:

Attachments

• 537775_4929682652643_863822700_n.jpg
    537775_4929682652643_863822700_n.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 33
and last but not least these:

Attachments

• 555128_4929638131530_164970711_n.jpg
    555128_4929638131530_164970711_n.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 38
i'm making chili and then we'll have chips and dip, chips and guacamole, and mozzarella sticks.

Chicken wings, taquitos, meatballs, sliders, fried pickles, dill pickle dip and black bean salsa. I cannot wait to eat!

We will have pizza (digiorno :) ) and DH is going to a party, DS might go down to his friends house to watch. i will be watching Lorax and Despicable Me, while cornrowing and beading hair all night.

I used to LOVE going shopping on Superbowl Sunday night...no one is in the stores

Signed,
Just not into football

Dh and I ditched the sliders and are going out for some "gayness"! Going to a gay sports bar!!!! :cartwheel:

mistah made homemade cheese sticks, taco dip, pigs in a blanket, ribs are cooking and some roasted fingerling potatoes. I think there is other stuff coming but I'm trying to stay out of the way :lol:

Signed,
I just came for the food

P.S. I'm so thrilled for Michael Oher and I hope the Ravens win. Aside from that I'm not interested in the Super Bowl LOL

I made guacamole for the first time. It's so easy to make and everyone is loving it.

DH made huge Italian sub sandwiches. Very tasty!

And I too could care less about the game and am mad that my shows aren't on.

Back