What's new

Swimming

Niconi

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So..uh..why is there no swimming thread yet?! Swimming is definitely a sport :p At least, it better be, I did it for 8 years :eek: Anyone else here a swimmer, or enjoy watching others swim?

I love swimming, I actually just learned last year haha, never had a chance to learn as a kid and finally learning was awesome.

And I try and do it often but recently cancelled my gym membership with a pool so now it won't be as often. The ocean is a no go since there are sharks. And sharks will kill you.

I love swimming, I actually just learned last year haha, never had a chance to learn as a kid and finally learning was awesome.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun! And a great way to exercise too.

I haven't been swimming in a while but it's very good exercise. Michael Phelps swims so much that he can eat 7000+ calories a day and burn it all.

I love swimming! I did it for 2 years in school and I really enjoy swimming as often as I can now. I am teaching my daughter to swim and it has been so much fun!

I haven't been swimming in a while but it's very good exercise. Michael Phelps swims so much that he can eat 7000+ calories a day and burn it all.

I'm convinced Michael Phelps isn't human. He's secretly a fish from some other planet and he's learned to disguise himself as a man.

Never participated in swimming as a sport, but I have a pool and during the summer will spend a few hours daily in there. Tan, exercise, and relax simultaneously. Doesn't get much better than that.

I've never enjoyed watching swimming comps on TV but as a kid I practiced a lot. I took swimming lessons for years and haven't forgot a thing. It's definitely fun!

I'm convinced Michael Phelps isn't human. He's secretly a fish from some other planet and he's learned to disguise himself as a man.

Yeah it's ridiculous what he can do.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Phelps-as-MerMan_ojOwR_r.jpg
    Phelps-as-MerMan_ojOwR_r.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 121
I also love swimming, I learned how to swim by myself when I was 6 and I go to the pool as often as I can. I can't wait to go to the seaside this summer, people will have to drag me out of the water :))

I like to watch swimming in the Olympics. Holland and Australia are the best swimming countries.
I like swimming but I don't like public pools, full of chlorine and urine. I like to swim in nature, when the weather is hot.

Swimming isn't really a sport to discuss on the regular. At least for me. It would be nice to see more forum options on this site though!

I only swim for leisure. Not much for competitions. :) Though it'd be nice to discuss swimming. :)

I swim from time to time and also love watching swimming events during big sporting events. Swimming is an amazing exercise that can help everyone to remain fit and even lose some weight. Did you know even walking in water is considered as a good exercise since water offers 3 times more resistance to motion than air? So if you live near ocean, just head to the beach and walk in water to give great exercise to your legs.

I swim from time to time and also love watching swimming events during big sporting events. Swimming is an amazing exercise that can help everyone to remain fit and even lose some weight. Did you know even walking in water is considered as a good exercise since water offers 3 times more resistance to motion than air? So if you live near ocean, just head to the beach and walk in water to give great exercise to your legs.

You are right about the walking in water, my mother does it but only in the summer when we go to the sea side.

I enjoy watching the swimming part on the Olympics. I think that they are awesome. I love the skill that these swimmers have. I don't usually watch swimming other than that. Good suggestion though to start a swimming thread.

Back