What's new

Tags: mp3 and cdg

russsh

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Moving right along, got everything ripped, working on some details. Of course we have some song tags that are crap, fixing them is easy, however, how do we make sure that the .cdg file still works with the corisponding mp3.

Using AutoKDJ for now. Fixed some tags, both manual and with a tag editor, and then poof, autokdg doesnt see the cdg. grrrrrrrrr! lol (btw didnt fix to many before we tested) Not too many need fixing, thats a good thing!

So, what does the mp3 and the cdg have to look like to work, i would assume its in the file name?

Moving right along, got everything ripped, working on some details. Of course we have some song tags that are crap, fixing them is easy, however, how do we make sure that the .cdg file still works with the corisponding mp3.

Using AutoKDJ for now. Fixed some tags, both manual and with a tag editor, and then poof, autokdg doesnt see the cdg. grrrrrrrrr! lol (btw didnt fix to many before we tested) Not too many need fixing, thats a good thing!

So, what does the mp3 and the cdg have to look like to work, i would assume its in the file name?

As long as the name of the mp3 and the name of the cdg remain the same:

SC8888-01 - Frank Sinatra - New York New York.mp3
SC8888-01 - Frank Sinatra - New York New York.cdg

Then you are fine.... Tags only deal with information that can be read by various players for the sake of organization...

I tag in the following manor for this vary reason:

Artist = Artist
Title = Title
Genre = Karaoke

No other tags are really necessary but you can use the Comments as Multiplex if you've ripped them... but most only read or use Artist, Title, Genre and Year anyway.

My fingers must not work right, if I typed in the tag....wrong...but if i copied n paste...right lol

ty Joker

Oh hey, btw...couple of questions: You were the AutoKDJ pided piper for a while...not so much any more, KARMA is your baby now? Major reasons why the change?

The songbook thingy on autokdj cant seem to get it to work. Not using it for songbooks...just interested in seeing it.

My fingers must not work right, if I typed in the tag....wrong...but if i copied n paste...right lol

ty Joker

Oh hey, btw...couple of questions: You were the AutoKDJ pided piper for a while...not so much any more, KARMA is your baby now? Major reasons why the change?

The songbook thingy on autokdj cant seem to get it to work. Not using it for songbooks...just interested in seeing it.

The biggest reason for the switch was the problem with the graphics stalling out while searching and enqueing songs for new singers and new songs for singers already in rotation.... but, after switching there are other reasons that make Karma better for me.

1. No lyric screen pauses while searching and cueing music
2. Ability to add new singers to rotation without having to also add a song
3. Ability to change singer order within the rotation section and not cause problems with the playlist.
4. All one screen for show management (with a few mouse click popups)
5. No tricky methods for displaying next singer information on screen (which by the way were resource hogs and caused even more problems with graphic freeze)
6. Didn't know at the time of switch but the sound engine is better than winamp too.

That's it for now.... I may have other reasons as I think about it more... but, I need a nap. LOL

Back