What's new

The best wide receiver is?

bigpoppi18

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Andre Johnson. Calvin is right behind him but what im always going to pick the vet or the youngin. I love andre for the fact that hes so soft spoken and never causes problems in the locker room

He's getting up there in age though. If I had to take 1 guy to build a team around, it would be Calvin Johnson

I agree it is Johnson,.... Notables are DeSean Jackson, Steve Johnson, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall and Dwayne Bowe RUN my FF teams.

and lets not forget Greg Jennings, and Larry Fitzgerald

I would go with Megatron as well. I think Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson round out the Top 3 though.

As people have said Johnson is the best now. In a few years he will lose a few steps, and Megatron will then go into the number one slot. He is young, fast, big, and strong. Those are all the qualities I look for in a wide receiver.

One thing i hate is that people will compare the two and say oh well megatron has better numbers but Andre was being thrown to by David Carr half his career i mean come on and Johnson was still putting up 1000/100 yard/catch seasons

Right now it is probably Calvin Johnson. But I would put Desean Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald up there too.

Most people that have watched football would go with Calvin Johnson no question.

Most people that have watched football would go with Calvin Johnson no question.

Why would you say that? What has he done that Andre didn't do this year? sure he put up some great numbers but Andre was hurt most of the year and didn't really have a legitimite quarterback for the rest of the year.

Over the last 5 years? Definitely Andre Johnson.

If we are talking about the 2011 season, you can't possibly argue with Calvin Johnson. He was an absolute fantasy stud and carried the Lions even when they couldn't carry themselves.

Wide Receivers? I think that Mike Wallace and Hines Ward both deserve a mention or two. Both have been great at what they do, and Wallace is really starting to develop as a great player. Whereas, Ward's career is over (I believe).

On the other hand Andre & Calvin both deserve recognition as well.

Wide Receivers? I think that Mike Wallace and Hines Ward both deserve a mention or two. Both have been great at what they do, and Wallace is really starting to develop as a great player. Whereas, Ward's career is over (I believe).

On the other hand Andre & Calvin both deserve recognition as well.

Honestly i consider Ward more of a TE than a receiver. Seeing as his blocking is better than his WR skills and he's not a speedster or anything. He is an all time great for his work ethic and deterimation but i dont think he's a Hall of Famer becuase he doesnt put up eye popping numbers.

One thing i hate is that people will compare the two and say oh well megatron has better numbers but Andre was being thrown to by David Carr half his career i mean come on and Johnson was still putting up 1000/100 yard/catch seasons

Megatron has gone through the same thing. He only had Stafford playing well and throwing to him last season. The previous years he didn't have a good QB throwing to him.

Megatron has gone through the same thing. He only had Stafford playing well and throwing to him last season. The previous years he didn't have a good QB throwing to him.

You could also argue that Megatron is actually making Stafford look good, not the other way around. I mean half of Megatron's catches are just jump balls that he goes up and gets from the defenders.

I think Randall Cobb has a lot of potential to be an amazing wideout in the NFL. He has incredible speed and ball skills, he just jumbles more than he should right now.

You could also argue that Megatron is actually making Stafford look good, not the other way around. I mean half of Megatron's catches are just jump balls that he goes up and gets from the defenders.

Absolutely, Megatron plays like prime Randy Moss. Stafford also really stepped him game up last season though, so credit should go both ways I think.

I think Randall Cobb has a lot of potential to be an amazing wideout in the NFL. He has incredible speed and ball skills, he just jumbles more than he should right now.

I have to disagree i think most wide receivers that lay with amazing quarterbacks and high power offenses are mostly system based. I don't think any receivers other than the number 1's on the Packers, Saints, Pats, and Colts could make much of an impact if they had a lesser QB

I have to disagree i think most wide receivers that lay with amazing quarterbacks and high power offenses are mostly system based. I don't think any receivers other than the number 1's on the Packers, Saints, Pats, and Colts could make much of an impact if they had a lesser QB

The only guy I'd disagree on is Lance Moore of the Saints. I have never seen that guy drop a pass, I have no idea why the Saints don't play him more.

In my honest opinion, he is the best pure receiver on the Saints, yet he's only used in the slot there. :nuts:

The only guy I'd disagree on is Lance Moore of the Saints. I have never seen that guy drop a pass, I have no idea why the Saints don't play him more.

In my honest opinion, he is the best pure receiver on the Saints, yet he's only used in the slot there. :nuts:

Some guys are just best used in the slot. The Bills have a similar type of player in David Nelson who had a good year, but is best used as a slot receiver. The team didn't really have a #2 receiver, but they still kept him in the slot because moving him elsewhere takes away from his strengths.

Gotta go with Megatron, C. Johnson. What separates CJ from AJ is that Calvin so far, has avoided injury. Andre had an injury riddled season, hopefully he will rebound in 2012 (as long as it's not against my Raiders) but in my opinion, a healthy AJ can't measure up to Calvin Johnson. I watched him in college at Georgia Tech and if he didn't have such a sorry QB throwing him the ball in college, he would have set all kinds of records.

Back