What's new

The Hunger Games

I might be the only one in the world but I have to be honest... not a big fan of it. After reading through it I went to go see it and I had a hard time getting into it. Several of the people I went with liked it but were not blown away by it. I think the media talked it up and we expected more. Overall, I dont think I wasted my time or money going to see it.

Brian

I've read the books, but I'm always a bit skeptical about novel-to-film adaptions..

Besides, now people have a new "Twilight"...

Pretty much embodies the "It's popular, now it sucks" trope.

tink531 said:
OBSESSED WITH BOOKS. The movie certainly did it justice. Hoping the next two movies are equally as good, if not better. If you haven't gone yet--RUN! Don't walk to see it.
You will be entertained, horrified, etc. It's a pretty powerful piece of fiction.
Enjoy! :)

100% agree. LOVED the books and LOVED the movie. A couple small differences from the book, but not dramatic. I loved it so much that my cell phone notification tone is the mockingjay/rue song.

Hmm why it so?? Different from the book or don't like the story.

Is the movie good? or should I read it first before watching the movie?

I think movie version is not good as the book..so wait for the readers to comment on it.

The movie was good, although in uk a lot had to be cut to make 12 rating. They are now bringing out the other version, but only on blu-ray in uk

New Section 2

1. Forum Name:Cooking[/*:m:26zgf6jd]
  2. Forum Topic:Cooking[/*:m:26zgf6jd]
  3. Forum Description: People can share recipes. Discuss easy meal ideas. Help save other on their cost of food.[/*:m:26zgf6jd]
  4. Will you be the moderator? (Yes/No):No[/*:m:26zgf6jd]
  5. If YES skip, if NO who will be moderator?:Whoever wants it[/*:m:26zgf6jd]
  6. Is the moderator willing to be a part of a larger staff chat system?:Yes[/*:m:26zgf6jd]

Back