What's new

The Luddite Enters The 21st Century?.....

Why don't you guys finally ditch the ugly lollipop looking karaoke monitors and slim the profile down a ton?

I've been using these with flat screens for about the last 6 years, and they have both held up great, and singers love them, because they're not standing behind a huge tv on a tripod stand.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=56284-37521-PBS-2R

It's low to the ground, and the perfect angle for the singers to see the words without having to look down.

It makes the singers feel more like a star on stage rather than a schlub reading a TV for the words.

I've always hated how cluttered looking most karaoke stages look. This cuts down on that a lot.

2 strips of industrial velcro on the back of the TV, and 2 on the rails of the stand, and it ain't coming off until you put some work into removing it.

Just a suggestion.

Why don't you guys finally ditch the ugly lollipop looking karaoke monitors and slim the profile down a ton?

I've been using these with flat screens for about the last 6 years, and they have both held up great, and singers love them, because they're not standing behind a huge tv on a tripod stand.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=56284-37521-PBS-2R

It's low to the ground, and the perfect angle for the singers to see the words without having to look down.

It makes the singers feel more like a star on stage rather than a schlub reading a TV for the words.

I've always hated how cluttered looking most karaoke stages look. This cuts down on that a lot.

2 strips of industrial velcro on the back of the TV, and 2 on the rails of the stand, and it ain't coming off until you put some work into removing it.

Just a suggestion.

Cool sugestion but what rails are you putting the velcro on?

From the picture it doesn't look like the rails are any wider that maybe 1/2" and rounded.... or are you using the slots where bicycle tires would go as the base instead of how it is intended to stand on the I-Bar base?

Also when not up on a stage how are you keeping people from triping over it and/or spilling their beer on it?

I just put the velcro on the 2 inner rails of where the tire goes in.. That's all it takes..

stand1.jpg

You cannot tip it over, as it's just too low to the ground.

I've lost a couple monitors in the last 6 years due to someone physically falling on it, but a regular stand Wouldn't have prevented that either.

I get used 17" Gateway monitors from the local Chinese computer store for $29.00, so when they have them in, I'll buy 6 or 7, and use them all over the place..

I have 23 shows a week, half of them are pretty rowdy... I know you'd think that this might be an issue, but 2 monitors in 6 years is an extremely acceptable loss figure for me....

Just a suggestion.

Good Lord that is ugly!:sqwink:

Actually if you are going to do that go all out and make a wedge box for the screen (like a wedge stage monitor)! I did one years ago (regular 19" TV) the problem with having them on the floor is when you have two or three people on stage and they are getting in front of each other.

Now with most of the gigs I do there are multiple TVs in the bar or venue and I just hook into a couple of those that can be seen from the stage area! Most gigs I don't even carry a video monitor any more!

The only problem I forsee with having a tv monitor on the floor is if someone is tall, they will have to look down, most people tend to move their whole head instead of just their eyes, and that messes with their voice, and then they'll blame me for sounding bad! :sqwink:

Now with most of the gigs I do there are multiple TVs in the bar or venue and I just hook into a couple of those that can be seen from the stage area! Most gigs I don't even carry a video monitor any more!

You must be lucky to have a TV in just the right area. Most bars have them along the walls. During the initial talks I had with one bar owner he asked "Do you have a monitor?". I said "Um, of course..I'm a Karaoke guy". He then went on to explain that the last guy didn't have one, used only the bar TV's and thus the patrons had to sing with their backs to the crowd. I couldn't believe it!

As for stands, I use one of these. Light, looks good, low, easy.

29e1xu0.jpg
pAST4208-35115.jpg

I do carry a monitor with me for when it is needed!

But most of the bars I have been doing have large screen TVs all around the room, so they aren't needed. One long time gig that I have been doing I have installed not only my own sound system but a suspended TV as well! Just so I don't have to carry and setup the stuff!

Back