What's new

The Walking Dead

Allan

It's All Good
PF Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else watched this show or reads the comic?

I love the show it's great and keeps you on the edge or your seat.
You never know who is going to be killed off in any given show.

I enjoy the both the comic and the show, though I've only read the first vol. of the comic. The comic is faster pace and the show tends to drag on, but I still like the show. They were on that farm forever...I'm so glad they are finally off it. I'm looking forward to the next season. Though I don't like what they did to Rick's character at the end of this season.

Very good show, much more than just zombies! Good writing, good acting!

What Are You Currently Reading?

I am reading two book at present. I Stopped the one to read this current book real quick. The Case for Faith By Lee Strobel.
The book is a Christian book and is very interesting. I will Delve more into the book in a separate thread after I have completed it.

The other book I am reading is Book Three of A Song of Ice and FIre: A Storm Of Swords by George R.R. Martin which is part of the Game of Throne books. I will also talk about this book in a separate thread.

I'm currently reading "The Wave" by Susan Casey, its a book for my first seminar class this fall, its actually not too bad. Its about waves obviously lol but is written in the eyes of a scientist and surfer.

I just started reading Killing Floor by Lee Child. It is the first Jack Reacher Novel. I have had it a day and I am a third of the way done. So far it is good.

Nice, I was at books a million earlier this summer searching for some interesting books to read, if you know any just let me know.

Nicholas said:
Nice, I was at books a million earlier this summer searching for some interesting books to read, if you know any just let me know.
The Game of Throne series is worth reading. I am on book three and I have loved all of them so far. Though only if you liked LOTR. Steven King's The Dark Tower Series is good. So far Lee Child has not disappointed me.

I'll really have to check out the Game of Throne series, been hearing a lot of good things about it

If you liked the Hobbit and LOTR's. You will definitely like the Game of Throne Series.

I am looking into reading those hunger game books.

It seems to be a big thing right now so I bought the set to see what it is all about ha ha. I seen the first movie already, but books tend to be better. Besides I am hoping to finish the second book before the second movie comes out.

Oh I forgot about those, time to go drop some money at Books A Million lol

Nicholas said:
Oh I forgot about those, time to go drop some money at Books A Million lol
Ya ha ha. Not exactly sure how well they will be. I was disappointed in the movie because it was such a big hype that everyone was talking about. It just seems it was really over exaggerated. I expected more.

Yea, books are expected to be much better than the movie. And I see why, trying to fit such a huge book into a 2 hour production wouldn't be easy.

Nicholas said:
Yea, books are expected to be much better than the movie. And I see why, trying to fit such a huge book into a 2 hour production wouldn't be easy.
They could have easily made it into a 3 hour production :p Besides, that is no excuse. There have been plenty of big books turned into amazing movies with a small amount of show time.

I would have no problem sitting in a movie for hours if it was produced based on a great book.

Nicholas said:
I would have no problem sitting in a movie for hours if it was produced based on a great book.
Well I am a big movie person. So I would probably watch a movie if it was based on a great book, a ****ty book, or no book at all.

haha I really hate that we've taken this topic so off topic lol, but have you seen Birdemic?

Nicholas said:
haha I really hate that we've taken this topic so off topic lol, but have you seen Birdemic?
Ohh opps :O and nope, don't think I ever even heard of it LOL. Is there a book series on that?

Back