What's new

Thinking of going into the web design biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
I'd love to become a web developer and code and make my own software specially php programming. Im going start taking courses in it so wish me luck :)

I was thinking the same thing, but haven't decided yet. I have two more weeks in my current degree program, so I need to decide quickly. Good luck and have fun! Bet you will do awesome in it!
Thanks you will too! :)

Congratulations. I know how to code PHP XML flash CSS HTML dhtml. Etc. I didn't go to school for it.... but I wish u luck its not easy

Looks like im doing good so far, created my first theme for xenforo.

I'm you make it big. You're really good with foruming am sure you'll do well with web developing.
Being a good forum administrator is VERY different than being good at coding. I know a lot of excellent admins that don't know any codes.

But Terrorz good luck, if you really are interested it should be pretty easy to learn, ambition is like cheating lol, it makes it too easy.

Thanks and yea I have knowledge somewhat of php, and I can design.

Is it web designer or web coder? A web designer's one that designs websites, not ones that make forum software. ;)

Java is cool (Looks the coolest when coding..) but Php is pretty awesome and powerful as is Java... :D
Java : (Looks sooo cooolllll) - DON'T WORRY THIS IS NOT A DANGEROUS SCRIPT, its just a file writer. :D
Code:
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

public class MyFileWriter
{

public static void main (String[] args) throws java.io.IOException
 {

String s1;
  String s2;
  boolean cont = true;

// set up the buffered reader to read from the keyboard
  BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader (new InputStreamReader (
            System.in));

// Set up the output file
  FileWriter fw = new FileWriter ("MyFileWriter.txt");
  BufferedWriter bw = new BufferedWriter (fw);
  PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter (bw);

while ( cont )
     {
      System.out.println ("Enter a line of input");

s1 = br.readLine();

System.out.println ("The line has " + s1.length() + " characters");

if (s1.length() == 0)
    {
     cont = false;
    }
      else
    {
     pw.println (s1);
        }
     }
  pw.close();
 }
}

Php :
(Php doesn't neccessarily get to long unless your writing like an IRC Protection Bot XD... or another really really complex script..)
PHP:
<?php
$txt1="Hello World!";
$txt2="What a nice day!";
echo $txt1 . " " . $txt2;
?>

If you can't read code to well that simple php string will print, "Hello World! What a nice day!".

Kudos to you for learning code as it will become quite valuable in life. :D

Congratulations. I know how to code PHP XML flash CSS HTML dhtml. Etc. I didn't go to school for it.... but I wish u luck its not easy
Hmm.. didn't know flash was code... html, dhtml, is not code. It's a describing language to the browser. Php is code and XML is code... Very nice. Also CSS is not code its CSS... :D

PHP Programmig or Java

PHP and Java (that you mentioned earlier) are not web design. They are scripting languages.

Design is different...Design is HTML/CSS, more of a "markup language"

PHP and Java (that you mentioned earlier) are not web design. They are scripting languages.

Design is different...Design is HTML/CSS, more of a "markup language"
I know that, what I meant to say is that I want to be both, either a designer or proframmer or both.

Ah, yeah, I just went back and reread the first post...The title of the thread says "design", but you're really talking about more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back