What's new

Thoughts on WiredGamer

Originally posted by David_TheMan
Another thing I have a problem with is that on the side bar there is no link to the Forum. YOu might as well put one there, seriously. Its better than having to look up the the black bar up top.
There is a link, under the community section.

That left side bar looks like you guys ripped it straight from IGN. They're identical.

The rest of it is just ok. Some nice graphics, but that doesn't make a nice site.

Oh well. :rollseyes

Ice[DDZ]: Everything is PHP. The media for reviews if you go back to it, it had a small glitch but is working now.

Originally posted by Cody
That left side bar looks like you guys ripped it straight from IGN. They're identical.

The rest of it is just ok. Some nice graphics, but that doesn't make a nice site.

Oh well. :rollseyes

never realized it was illegal to use an html bar with header graphics 0_o it's a very traditional bar my friend that you'd see well...hmmm...everywhere :rofl:

Originally posted by MrLister
Ice[DDZ]: Everything is PHP. The media for reviews if you go back to it, it had a small glitch but is working now.
****s :)

Originally posted by David_TheMan
Also, I suggest you have a tiny Xbox, GCN, or PS2 symbol by the news in the front page, so people will now for what system the news is for.

Well, the news page titles are colored purple, orange, green, and blue I think because they correspond to the appropriate console. Although the game icons would definitely be nice, they may have opted not to use them so that a bunch more images wouldn't have to be loaded on the front page, thus allowing for faster load times.

It's a nice site. The layout is top notch and the news is up to date. The layout for the forums is also quality, but I reckon the yaxay goers are going to complain about it's likeness to their layout. Ah it'll be okay, its not that similair :)

Haver: 60% of the members here are from yaxay and d2alio works for corey who designed yaxay.

yea most of the members are from yaxay, including me :)

I don't even know what yaxay is. And this site is pretty much prefect now that those idiotic comments have been removed from the Reviews/Previews section. Lets keep it this way.

Cool Lister, I know Corey, we're talkin Corey Wojen here? As in c-pr0mpt from Ravio? We talked on AIM.

I posted at yaxay for a while, but after I got suck into the video game journalism industry, I tended not to do as much web design.

Hehe I knew corey before his "famous" time. From two years ago but stopped talking maybe 6 or 7 months ago. I don't use aim much at all unless for business so that's why.

This site is very slow!

Too much graphics.

Once it loads it looks really good though.

Back