What's new

Tips for buying webhosting

Junaid

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
These are a couple of tips or features I would suggest you get if you buying web hosting

1) Price â?? Obviously the price of the hosting has to be affordable to your budget

2) Hosting Domain / Parked Domain â?? If you want to run many different website using one hosting package you need to find your package with parked domain this allow you to park many domain on one account package

3) Disk Space â?? this is the amount of space allocated on the server for you the larger the amount the better it is

4) Bandwidth â?? this is the limit of transfer amount on your account I would personally look for unlimited bandwidth â?? just because if your site gets really popular then you wonâ??t have any extra bandwidth cost

5) Server / Network Uptime: this is the amount of time the server is online I personally look for webhost with 99% or higher

6) Email Account â?? If personally like this because you can have a email like admin @ your-domain.com

7) Web Host Features : I personally would get more feature as I can as I am running a WordPress blog I need MYSQL and PHP and Perl, CGI-BIN (A server side langauge similar to PHP)

8) Server Backup : I love this feature in web hosting because the host autamatically backups up your account you could also do this manually in the hosting panel I suggest finding a host who do daily back upâ??s

9) Web Hosting Panel: This is the panel the client has I would suggest find the panel Cpanel because its really easy to use and try finding a panel which is easy to use

10) Tech Support/Email Support/Phone Support: This is the support you will get if you have any problems I would suggest find a host which has all three of these

If you would like to find out more tips and tricks like this than please visit my site http://www.junaid-k.com :cool: :cool:

thanks! Those are nice tips, ill make sure to follow them.

My tip: Stay away from a host that offers you Unlimited Web space, Bandwidth, Emails, etc... This is one sign that the owner is in it for the money and doesn't care :)

very true, i see loads of them everywhere

Its a way web hosting websites con people into buying the web space. So any new person getting web hosting will go "WOW" look at that! Unlimited features!! Then wham fees added each month :)

I dont offer unlimited on my hosting. Al tho its not a big website :)

you have always got to be cautious on the internet, by the way what webhost are you using

True, you must read every last word, to make sure your getting what there saying.

Back