What's new

Toaster Oven Recipes

C

couponmom1234

I just got a toaster oven for the first time (always wanted one and finally bought one) Anyone have some kid friendly ideas to make in it? Or adult?

I make flour tortilla pizzas all the time.........first you toast the tortilla on a light setting it will burn if you do it too hot........then you put pizza sauce or tomato sauce (whatever) on it along with some cheese and other toppings (I usually put turkey pepperoni and mshrooms) then put back in toaster oven until cheese is melty

I have a convection oven that DH bought at a yard sale for $5 about 4 years ago and two electric skillits I only use the stove to make sweet tea.......remember that if your cooking something in the toaster oven to shorten the cooking time and the oven temp

I make flour tortilla pizzas all the time.........first you toast the tortilla on a light setting it will burn if you do it too hot........then you put pizza sauce or tomato sauce (whatever) on it along with some cheese and other toppings (I usually put turkey pepperoni and mshrooms) then put back in toaster oven until cheese is melty

I have a convection oven that DH bought at a yard sale for $5 about 4 years ago and two electric skillits I only use the stove to make sweet tea.......remember that if your cooking something in the toaster oven to shorten the cooking time and the oven temp

N/M to boil water.. duh sorry

I boil the water in the microwave to mix the sugar in and melt it, no humidity added that way :) Hellz yeah!

I use my toaster oven whenever I'm baking, broiling or roasting a small amount. So much more energy efficient than my big oven.

You use it just like your regular oven, with 2 exceptions:
1. Most frozen dinners in plastic trays cannot be baked in toaster ovens
2. Always unplug it when not in use. Way too many house fires start from toaster ovens that somehow turn themselves on when no one is around.

I make sweet tea outside in the summer. :)

The title of this post made me laugh because it made me think of Real Housewife of New York Sonya Morgan. She is constantly talking about cooking in her toaster oven. She's even written a cookbook about it. I don't do anything too ambitious in mine, but I love it for making garlic bread, frozen pizza, toasted sandwiches (great for melting cheese) and small portions of anything that needs an oven.

I wouldn't know what to do with a toaster oven. :9:

I remember we got one for a wedding present 15 years ago...............I guess we gave it away cause I know I never used one.

I wouldn't know what to do with a toaster oven. :9:

I remember we got one for a wedding present 15 years ago...............I guess we gave it away cause I know I never used one.

Me too. What does one do with a toaster oven??? Where does one put a toaster oven???? I am a toaster, coffee pot only on my counter type of person.

Most toaster ovens will fit a 6-cup ****in pan quite nicely.

Stuffed mushroom caps or any kind of hors d'ouevre (you know, heating up the party leftovers the next day).

Anything on an english ****in (like home made sausage mcmuffin with egg - get the ****in and cheese warm and toasty in the toaster oven and use the skillet for the egg/sausage - same for ham, but toss that in the toaster oven too).

I was just reading the back of the box of the Snapps frozen breaded mushrooms I bought last night and it says you can us a toaster oven to cook them. I'm going to test it out.

I need to figure out more things to us my toaster oven for.

I haven't watched Sonyas video yet (but will soon) but she makes it seem like you can make quite a bit with a toaster oven.

I need to do some research on this. Especially since I have access to using a toaster oven most of the time.

Back