What's new

Tony Parker underated?

He's having a great year. In past years, one thing would be missing from his game. It may be his midrange game. It may be that his floater has disappeared and he has stopped going to it. This year, he's been able to put his midrange, his floater and his slashing game together which makes him really lethal.

His assist numbers are slightly deceiving though. Coach Popovich has been in love with the 3 ball and the SA shooters have a lot of room to shoot in the regular season. That will change in the playoffs. A team like Memphis are aggressive at closing out on shooters and thusly they were able to solve Parker and the Spurs last year.

He's having a great year. In past years, one thing would be missing from his game. It may be his midrange game. It may be that his floater has disappeared and he has stopped going to it. This year, he's been able to put his midrange, his floater and his slashing game together which makes him really lethal.

His assist numbers are slightly deceiving though. Coach Popovich has been in love with the 3 ball and the SA shooters have a lot of room to shoot in the regular season. That will change in the playoffs. A team like Memphis are aggressive at closing out on shooters and thusly they were able to solve Parker and the Spurs last year.

Good points, will be interesting to see another SA vs MG match up. MG doing really well without Randolph, imagine if they had a fully fit team.

I think SA are more dangerous this year, especially if Manu gets back 100%.

He was a beast last night against the Knicks. Really made them look bad.

That lil French man has always been underrated but he will make it into the hall with his numbers and Championships.

Tony Parker is the man!! Perhaps I have a biased opinion since I'm from San Antonio but you can't deny that he's a great basketball player!!

Glad there is some agreement here, always been a fan of TP!

Tony Parker has never been really popular but I am assuming that is because the NBA is all about flashiness and yes Tony Parker can show out but he gets it done more than show out

Tony Parker has never been really popular but I am assuming that is because the NBA is all about flashiness and yes Tony Parker can show out but he gets it done more than show out

Agreed, he just is technically steallar as opposed to flash.

Duncan has always been the one that gets most of the credit, so Parker has always flown under the radar a bit. I think everyone knows he's a very good player though. He's very tough to stop with his speed and finishing ability at the rim.

LOL. Are you for real. He is still one of the elite PG right now.

Last season was a pretty good run for the Spurs and I am expecting a good season this year too.

The injuries are the only that is stopping great players like Parker. Good thing he is healthy and having a great season right now.

I have always thought Tony Parker was an excellent basketball player; there are other NBA players though who are filling up the starlight. Tony Parkers good, but he's just not in the spot light right now.

I've always wondered why TP has never been more popular than he is. He never really gets nationwide recognition. It was always Derek Fisher getting the spot light when they played in Semi Finals. DF is a great PG, HOF no doubt but so is Tony Parker and I think he get more respect especially this year with the numbers he's putting up.

Last season was a pretty good run for the Spurs and I am expecting a good season this year too.

It wasn't really a good run considering they got packed in the first round last season. The Spurs try to play for the title every year, no matter how much people write them off. If Tony Parker is going to play scared against some no-name player like Mike Conley like last season, it's not going to happen.

Tony Parker is most definitely overrated. He is one of the best point guards in the league. He can hit the big shot and dishes the ball of very nicely. Parker is deadly from the three point line and he can cross up any good defender. He is having a monster year and the Spurs should make the playoffs.

Tony Parker is most definitely overrated. He is one of the best point guards in the league. He can hit the big shot and dishes the ball of very nicely. Parker is deadly from the three point line and he can cross up any good defender. He is having a monster year and the Spurs should make the playoffs.

Huh? do you know the definition of overrated ;)

Tony Parker is a excellent ball player, he is quick, agile, scores a lot and also a great passer but he is underrated as a ball player and its wrong

Back