What's new

Triathletes

chicagobears12

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I never see any triathlon threads so I thought I'd start one. Does anyone do them consistently, I've been trying to hit each of the states and have reached 7 so far. I was in Tennessee for the Rev3, and that water was unbelievably cold!

I've been doing them for three years now, and love it. I'm also thinking of buying a new bike, and wonder if anyone has any suggestions? I'm looking into a Cannondale caad8.

i have a friend who is a competitive triathlete and it looks like incredibly hard work! I think it's very impressive to perform so well in three different disciplines.

Pretty crazy sport. It's incredibly demanding and obviously physically grueling. The Iron Man in particular which is like a Super Triathlon is fun to watch. Can only imagine how tough it is doing something like that in a place as hot and humid as Hawaii. My hat goes off to these athletes.

I've never done a triathlon but I'm interested in doing a Spartan race.

I have nothing but the greatest admiration for triathletes. What they do in preparation for their races is astounding and the feat of great dedication and passion. I wish had half the mental grit that some of these athletes display constantly.

Triathletes are the epitome of fitness - they can't just focus on one thing, as their "profession" forces them to concentrate on all sorts of categories.

I have never seen a triathlon but would be very interested in the things they do.

I have never done a triathlon, my training is based more on strength and speed. My friend Joe is training for the Iron Man, he runs 20 miles every day, I don't envy him.

Yea the IronMan is crazy! Normally the winner finishes with a time of around 8.5 hours! I do the olympic distances which is .9 mile swim, 26 mile bike, 6.1 mile run. I've been thinking of transitioning to the half IronMan but I don't have near enough time in the day to train for that. Props to your friend for training for the full IronMan. Thats practically a full time job in itself.

Back