Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Venue: Philips Arena
Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX and Facebook

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans (for light-heavyweight title)
Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Ben Rothwell vs. Brendan Schaub
Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Michael McDonald vs. Miguel Torres
Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)*

Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski
Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage

Attachments

• ufc-145-poster-2.jpg
    ufc-145-poster-2.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 58
This is a weak card to be honest. There's some fights that should be pretty good, but none are that relevant aside from the main event. The next most interesting one is actually on the prelims for some reason in McDonald/Torres.

Yeah I have to agree with Neogeoz. Most of this card is fairly lame. If it wasn't for the Jones vs Evans fight, I wouldn't even bother ordering this.

I am not so excited with the main event even if there's a bad blood between the two. I just think that no one in the Light Heavyweight division has the ability to defeat Jones in this stage of his career. I think he's going to defend his belt for so long. I do see some exciting matchups on the undercard and prelims. Rory McDonald is another star in the making, I also see Matt Wiman which is another exciting fighter and of course Miguel Angel Torres with his aggressive, never back down style...This will be fun to watch

I am not so excited with the main event even if there's a bad blood between the two. I just think that no one in the Light Heavyweight division has the ability to defeat Jones in this stage of his career. I think he's going to defend his belt for so long. I do see some exciting matchups on the undercard and prelims. Rory McDonald is another star in the making, I also see Matt Wiman which is another exciting fighter and of course Miguel Angel Torres with his aggressive, never back down style...This will be fun to watch

Yeah I was saying that myself.

I feel the UFC might have another Anderson Silva or Georges St Pierre situation on their hands where nobody in the division can successfully challenge for the belt.

This is probably true. Jones has no equal right now, but anything can happen in a fight. He can have an off night, get caught or whatever.

This is probably true. Jones has no equal right now, but anything can happen in a fight. He can have an off night, get caught or whatever.

That's completely possible, maybe a lucky punch or something...But technically if you look at how careful and smart Jones is in his previous fights, you won't even think that there will be any danger for this guy. In any aspect of the game, Evans won't stand a chance.

That's the beauty of fighting. Just because someone has clear advantages over their opponent doesn't in any shape or form mean they'll be the winner.

Yeah I have to agree with Neogeoz. Most of this card is fairly lame. If it wasn't for the Jones vs Evans fight, I wouldn't even bother ordering this.

I'm not interested in this one at all, sadly.

Perhaps i'll see it at a later date when it goes free.

I'm not interested in this one at all, sadly.

Perhaps i'll see it at a later date when it goes free.

Can't say that I blame you. I'm still veering on buying this one myself. I'm not sure if ONE fight is worth me paying for this. But I guess you can't put together great cards all the time.

Anyone can lose this fight. I believe Evans will come out on top though. Like he said in a previous interview, Jones needs to be humbled. He is still riding his high horse and he is getting sloppy which was clear from his last two fights.

Here is the first episode of Evans Vs. Jones Primetime for anyone interested.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNtXyPwRfCo"]UFC 145 Primetime Evans vs Jones Episode / Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

A couple of great UFC events this April, I hope UFC does it often, there's a lot of fighters out there that's waiting to be called.

Evans is a pretty good talker and really knows how to Hype. I can't wait for April 21st.

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Jon Jones def. Rashad Evans via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 50-45) - retains light-heavyweight title
Rory MacDonald def. Che Mills via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 2:20
Ben Rothwell def. Brendan Schaub via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 1:10
Michael McDonald def. Miguel Torres via knockout (punches) - Round 1, 3:18
Eddie Yagin def. Mark Hominick via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Mark Bocek def. John Alessio via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Travis Browne def. Chad Griggs via submission (arm-triangle choke) - Round 1, 2:29
Matt Brown def. Stephen Thompson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 29-28)
Anthony Njokuani def. John Makdessi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Mac Danzig def. Efrain Escudero via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Chris Clements def. Keith Wisniewski via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
Marcus Brimage def. Maximo Blanco via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)

Back