What's new

Ugh----my SIL is really pissing ne off

Anneburn

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Got an email from her voicing her concern about me letting my 5th grader get a facebook page. She is a teacher and said that when she finds her students on fb she reports them because they are under 13. She's not going to report Jack but strongly urges us to rethink it.

I responded that I have "friended" him and have his password and plan on keeping a close eye on what goes on. We have also talked about computer safety and that dh and I both agreed on the terms.

She responds....even though it's against facebook policy?

What the hell is she the facebook police??? I have never told her how to raise her son and would appreciate it if she minds her own **** business. How can I say that nicely----don't want to start to much drama before Christmas.

Two things:

1. She needs to mind her own **** bitness!

2. Your 5th grader is on fb?! :faint: Don't tell Nate ok?

:happy2: Barb rocks

"While I am sure FB appreciates you taking the time to police their board...I am doing this in a thoughful and well prepared manner that both his father and I agree on and feel no responsibility towards FB. Thanks for your thoughts."

Two things:

1. She needs to mind her own **** bitness!

2. Your 5th grader is on fb?! :faint: Don't tell Nate ok?

He is the last of many friends to get one. I personally feel googling anything or searching videos on YouTube can be way worse.

I think we should teach and guide our kids through all these things so that we can help them recognize the threats and know how to deal with them appropriately.

Things I learned by reading DD17's FB page today...

1. One of her friends (the one that was big pregnant at the shower we were talking about in the thread that already has a toddler) had a baby boy today and she named him Isaac. Mom and baby are both healthy Thank God!

2. A girl was busted in the boy's bathroom at school..umm...let's see how can I put this...ummm....well....she was um..."kneeling".

3. My daughter and her friends were completely repulsed by this behavior (65 comments in 20 minutes!) and enlightening enough...so were a large # of her male FB friends.

She did tell me all of this herself too, but I read it before she got a chance to tell me...because I'm a FB stalker like that!

1. One of her friends (the one that was big pregnant at the shower we were talking about in the thread that already has a toddler) had a baby boy today and she named him Isaac. Mom and baby are both healthy Thank God!

2. A girl was busted in the boy's bathroom at school..umm...let's see how can I put this...ummm....well....she was um..."kneeling".

3. My daughter and her friends were completely repulsed by this behavior (65 comments in 20 minutes!) and enlightening enough...so were a large # of her male FB friends.

She did tell me all of this herself too, but I read it before she got a chance to tell me...because I'm a FB stalker like that!

I am so the facebook stalker. My son thinks it is creepy that I know more about his friends than he does.

Well that's called the job of a mom

It sounds like she's one of those teachers who will not be fondly remembered later in life. Tell her to mind her own business.

One of my DD's has one but does not use our real last name. Its the only way I would have her have one. I made her put every thing on private too. She manly talks via IM to my BFF's son in Indiana and a couple of friends that she grew up with.

Between us though....I think the teacher has taken a tiara...I respect she is a teacher and the work she does...

But, wtf?!?! Were I one of her student's mothers...and I allowed my child (under my supervision) a fb page....I would be PISSED if it ever came back to me that his/her teacher REPORTED MY CHILD to the board?!?!?

:faint:

What teacher has time to report that crap? Seriously!?!

SSSsooooo, what did you do??

I REALLY wanted to quote you but dh said it was too sarcastic and didn't want to start a war before Christmas. I just responded with pretty much my reasons I posted here. I really hope she doesn't bring it up again or I may just have to quote you!

I REALLY wanted to quote you but dh said it was too sarcastic and didn't want to start a war before Christmas. I just responded with pretty much my reasons I posted here. I really hope she doesn't bring it up again or I may just have to quote you!

Ya only have to wait 8 more days. :lol:

:faint:

Tell her he gets a lot of good coupons from companies he "likes". I knoe my 18 month old does.

I know! I almost died when I read that! I can't EVEN imagine what HER mother is feeling right now!

if it were MrsMom's child.... nothing but PRIDE ;)

Back