What's new

Unity candles?

anniefarrell2

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Where can I get inexpensive (not cheap) but nice looking unity candles?

Looking to buy them for a future SIL's wedding shower.

They want $60. at Michael's! Even with the 50% off, I think that's crazy! Am I wrong?

Come on--you use them for about an hour?!?! that's a dollar a minute!
Ridiculous!

I just went to Hobby Lobby or Michael's and got an inexpensive candle something like this: http://www.amazon.com/White-Unscent...?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1316541909&sr=1-10 (only not in a set of 20). You can decorate it yourself with a nice bow around the middle or a flower garland around the bottom. If you wanted, you could probably use stickers or stencils or something to monogram it with the couple's initials.

ETA: Sorry, my first link was wrong...stupid copy/paste

I made my own too, granted it was long, long ago....I still have it. I used our invitation and burned around it and hot glued a pearl strand around it. You could hot glue anything to it.

I made my own too, granted it was long, long ago....I still have it. I used our invitation and burned around it and hot glued a pearl strand around it. You could hot glue anything to it.

This is exactly what we did...and we still have it :)

I just bought a nice white candle and had a flower arrangement made for it. Check with their Church, though, ours wouldn't let us use our own candle. We had to use theirs.....and it was uuuuuugly!

someone I ran into at HL told me that the new trend was to pour sand into a clear Cylinder

someone I ran into at HL told me that the new trend was to pour sand into a clear Cylinder

This is what we did, but we actually did both. We did the sand and included our son (my bio son, step-son for DH) so he could be in the symbolism of us all becoming one family.

Then to sympbolize the 2 of us, we also did the candle right before we left out. We decorated the candle ourselves....ribbon, glue dots and rhinestones.

We bought a taller cylinder oil lamp and had it etched with our names and wedding date on it. Then we just put clear oil in it and that is what we used. It sits out to this day and we light it often since it is refillable. Good luck finding something you like.

Back