What's new

V2GO not displaying graphics on screen

The Wizard Of OZ

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I ordered a V2GO Karaoke machine off of ebay I guess it was a couple of months ago. I was busy and never really got a chance to use it and never thought it might be defective, I tried to use it today and maybe I'm just doing something wrong but I can't get lyrics to appear either on an LCD monitor throught the VGA port or through the composite to a small TV. the remote will turn the machine on and off and eject a disc and select the track just fine and I get audio.

Anyone have any suggestions? I feel like I should have just spent another $100 or $150 and got a more pro grade machine? I was dumb not to test it out right away . . . who knows, maybe it's something simple I'm overlooking?

I ordered a V2GO Karaoke machine off of ebay I guess it was a couple of months ago. I was busy and never really got a chance to use it and never thought it might be defective, I tried to use it today and maybe I'm just doing something wrong but I can't get lyrics to appear either on an LCD monitor throught the VGA port or through the composite to a small TV. the remote will turn the machine on and off and eject a disc and select the track just fine and I get audio.

Anyone have any suggestions? I feel like I should have just spent another $100 or $150 and got a more pro grade machine? I was dumb not to test it out right away . . . who knows, maybe it's something simple I'm overlooking?

From the V2Go Trouble Shooting Manual: http://www.v2gotech.com/product_troubleshooter/GO-100.pdf

11. Problem: No video shows up or no V2GO logo on the screen.
Solution:
a. Check your TV set, make sure the correct INPUT mode is selected.
b. Press the VIDEO button on our machine’s remote control and then press OK to
switch between different video output modes. Repeat the process until you get an
appropriate screen.
c. Reset the machine (see Problem 7’s Solution instructions.

Reseting:

If the above action failed, reset the machine to the original factory:
- Turn on the machine, push “EJECT” button on the machine to open the tray
- Keep the tray open
- Push the digit button “2” on the front panel of machine three times
- Push the digit button “8” on the machine three times
- Push the button “STOP” on the machine.
- Turn off the machine and wait for 3 seconds
- Turn on the machine again and get normal status.

Rob I want to take this moment to thank you for so many helping posts. This is what ODJT is about. Folks we are here to help and Rob shares regularly even without pants. as long as he hides behind his lavalier Im ok with it.

Rob, I just saw this so I haven't tried it yet, but if you were here you would get a nice big hug. We are so lucky to have you here my friend. Thanks

Rob, you're a genius. Thank you so much. It's working great. I'm printing out the instructions for future reference. I owe ya buddy! :sqbiggrin:

Rob, you're a genius. Thank you so much. It's working great. I'm printing out the instructions for future reference. I owe ya buddy! :sqbiggrin:

I was thinkin' it was one of two things you weren't doing after reading the tech manual:

1. Not using the remote

2. Not pressing the OK button after pressing the Video button on the remote.

One of those two things were probably the problem.... but, I'm just guessing.

By the way, the audio and the graphics are EXCELLENT. Well worth $100. It also has a USB port so if you have music or CD+G files/ZIP files you can play them.

I got the machine based on the recommendation from Joechartreuse. I originally bought a Hisonic or Vidsonic, something sonic and it works, but just not very well. The V2GO can even be used as a backup CD player in a pinch and it plays DVDs too.

I just figured you should be able to plug the TV or LCD monitor in and it would automatically recognize them. WRONG! It was set to PAL and some other things that I changed once I was able to get into the Menu/Setup.

Wait, I don't think you can play ZIP files and you probably need to have the Karaoke files in BIN format like on a regular Karaoke disc, but I don't know for sure. I need to experiment with this thing . . .

I just figured you should be able to plug the TV or LCD monitor in and it would automatically recognize them. WRONG! It was set to PAL and some other things that I changed once I was able to get into the Menu/Setup.

Ahhhhhh gotcha.... ya we here in the good ol US of A use NTSC that PAL crap is for them forien TVs

Dude, I'm excited, that machine works really well. I'm going to do a Karaoke party mid July and I was sweating bullets. In preparation I dragged a bunch of my gear into the house to make sure everything was ready to go.

Around here tons of people bring their own discs. It's bizarre. Lots of old people. I could actually run a Karaoke show with one or two of these players if I was disc based. The sound is VERY good. I tried a Legends disc I recently bought with Little River Band and Boz Scaggs and it was great.

Dude, I'm excited, that machine works really well. I'm going to do a Karaoke party mid July and I was sweating bullets. In preparation I dragged a bunch of my gear into the house to make sure everything was ready to go.

Around here tons of people bring their own discs. It's bizarre. Lots of old people. I could actually run a Karaoke show with one or two of these players if I was disc based. The sound is VERY good. I tried a Legends disc I recently bought with Little River Band and Boz Scaggs and it was great.

Ahhhh another would be singing legend in his own mind has fallen to the dark side that which is KARAOKE!!!!

Welcome Brother join the flock!:sqwink:

Wiz:any progress in figuring out whether this machine will play mp3+g files off a usb drive or stick?

-James

Wiz:any progress in figuring out whether this machine will play mp3+g files off a usb drive or stick?

-James

WOW! I love it! Joker, good call on the DISC PLAYER problem....there's hope for you yet! :sqlaugh:

While the V2GO probably isn't as sturdy as some of the old players, it's been a dam good deal for the money I paid. BTW, it's made by Pioneer.

In answer to some questions, it WILL play from a memory stick, and I THINK it should play from a drive as well, but the operation isn't all that speedy.

It will also play just about any disc you can load into it, including regular MP3 files on CD, MPEG4 files on disc, DVD, regular karaoke discs, JPEG files,...you name it.

I use it as both a backup, and as one of the main players at private events, where I might shove a stick into it for ****tail music..

I noticed the key change is odd. It seems to want you to press the middle button first before you press the flat or sharp and you need to do it slowly and make sure you press it firmly and if you want to go more than one step you have to press it and wait a second and press it again. Is this how your machine works Joe?

The remote control seems to work well too.

Back