What's new

Venues that no longer have entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was told last Monday by the manager of Applebees that the corporate office had stopped all entertainment at Applebees stores starting the first of August.

To be honest I had already lost my Sunday night Applebees show (for other reasons at the beginning of July) and losing this one was like a hit in the stomach. But he told that he was going to see if they would allow him to pay out from the store and keep Karaoke in his store!

So last night when I got there I asked him what the situation was and he told me!

After going over the numbers with the corporate office and explaining to them that he really didn't want to give up the business it was bringing in they compared it to the Monday night Football numbers from last year and told him THIS WOULD BE THE ONLY APPLEBEES STORE THAT WOULD CONTINUE WITH KARAOKE but all other entertainment would cease this included lounge singer act, Trivia, and band night, karaoke was carrying all other entertainment at that store!

Since starting back after football season in January of this year (which averaged the bar $400 for the entire day from open to close) he said we had averaged $3500 in bar sales (not counting food sales) in just the hours between 8:30 and close 12:00 when I stopped tonight at 12:00 there were still over 60 people in the restaurant!

The bartender told me they had feed maybe 60 people the whole day and feed double that from 8:30 til 11:00!

So I have the distinction of being the only entertainment show at any Applebees in the state!

I am almost silly over this!

Tuesdays and Thursdays are hitting cap while the other bars are basically empty on the corner and the students aren't even back yet!

Wednesday is pretty much holding it's own not packed but the owner and manager are both very happy!

The only one that bothers me is Friday which always seems to dwindle down during the summer and he always stops karaoke when the bar average for the month drops below $600 for Fridays (which I can't blame him)! The problem is when he starts back up again it takes a month to get my crowd back again I was thinking about doing that show on percentage if he is interested that way if the bar isn't making it neither am I and if the bar is doing good so am I and it will all come out in the wash!

Wow, I have never heard of an Applebees having entertainment. In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen any chain restaurant offer it (except the Hard Rock).

Anyway, sorry to hear.

I did Karaoke for 2 years at a Chili's Restaurant on the VCU campus in Richmond up until about 6 months ago. We always took off Karaoke when the VCU students were off school seeing as the Restaurant is located underneath one of the dorm buildings. Last time we took off for Winter Break, we were getting ready to come back and got the phone call that corporate cut the Karaoke for them. They said that was the busiest night of the week for them and that without Karaoke noone was in there at all ( this was on Tuesday nights ) But corporate made the decision. Glad to hear things worked out better for you with Applebee's, congrats and keep up the good work thunder :)

I just started 2 Applebee's here and they want me to do the third. I'm just not sure I'm ready to give up 3 nights a week.

Kevin Nichols said:
I just started 2 Applebee's here and they want me to do the third. I'm just not sure I'm ready to give up 3 nights a week.

I too am suprised by this, with Applebees new open til 12AM promo I thought more would pick up entertainment.

I recently thought of promoing them but here their bars are so small I don't know how it would work.

Kevin, I just said to myself I haven't seen a post from you in a while, maybe I just read the wrong ones.

Kevin,

Hopefully this is just a Virginia corporate decision and not for the whole region!

Hank,

It started year before last and all of the Applebees in Virginia put in at least one night of entertainment with the longer hours they were thinking entertainment would bring in and hold crowds longer. I am just sorry that it didn't work out here! Although I am happy that they decided to exempt my store from the new rule!

Hank Davidson said:
Wow, I have never heard of an Applebees having entertainment. In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen any chain restaurant offer it (except the Hard Rock).

Anyway, sorry to hear.

I'm thinking that's probably pretty regional Hank. I don't see any of them offering much here either (if any).

In my case, we have lots of nice clubs on the river, and nobodies gonna want to hang at Applebees by the mall, when they could be sitting at the tiki bar on the water. We also have so many bands around here, that most people don't want canned entertainment.

They might do well in a land locked town though, especially a university town, where there's either crumby little bars, or a chain joint to choose from... :dontknow:

SoftJock Rick said:
I'm thinking that's probably pretty regional Hank. I don't see any of them offering much here either (if any).

In my case, we have lots of nice clubs on the river, and nobodies gonna want to hang at Applebees by the mall, when they could be sitting at the tiki bar on the water. We also have so many bands around here, that most people don't want canned entertainment.

They might do well in a land locked town though, especially a university town, where there's either crumby little bars, or a chain joint to choose from... :dontknow:

You are right Rick, thank god you have that Pizza joint up the road from you!

Thunder said:
You are right Rick, thank god you have that Pizza joint up the road from you!

It wasn't a bash Steve.

Reality of the sitrep -- Hank and I are both near water, and both near cities with millions of people.

Things work different here.

It wasn't a bash Rick? (although you and I both know better)

Everything you comment on that I post is a bash, that is well established, sorry if you can't be happy that I was able to keep a show when the corporate office decided to shut down the entertainment in all of it's Virginia stores! would you like the phone number to confim it?

Applebee's
571 Branchlands Blvd
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434) 974-5596

Would you like to confirm the rest of the story?

Mailing Address:
Applebee's Services, Inc.
11201 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS 66219
Phone:
888-59APPLE

What else would you like this liar to confirm Rick?

Name it!

Hank Davidson said:

Anyway, sorry to hear.

I know of some Acapulco(big time pirate), and TGI Fridays that do karaoke nights.

Thunder said:
It wasn't a bash Rick? (although you and I both know better)

Everything you comment on that I post is a bash, that is well established, sorry if you can't be happy that I was able to keep a show when the corporate office decided to shut down the entertainment in all of it's Virginia stores! would you like the phone number to confim it?

Applebee's
571 Branchlands Blvd
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434) 974-5596

Would you like to confirm the rest of the story?

Mailing Address:
Applebee's Services, Inc.
11201 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS 66219
Phone:
888-59APPLE

What else would you like this liar to confirm Rick?

Name it!

Steve,

I was commenting on Hank's thoughts, based upon the reality I see around me, and I'm somewhat familiar with his area as well.

Please don't carry a chip on your shoulder for all eternity -- it can get heavy after a while... ;) :)

It's not a chip Rick I am simply tired of seeing you call me a liar on every post I make, I am tired iof seeing you bash my area and the venues I play in every comment you make about a post I make!

You have called me out maybe 50 times in the last year make up your list of things that you want confirmation on now and I am going to take the time to post that information for you!

You want confirmation on the court cases I have been involved in?

I will start a new thread just for Rick's confirmations!

You want confirmation on my income no problem send me your address and I will send you my tax returns for the last 15 years!

You want confirmation on the equipment I own will pictures do? Although I have posted them before in the past!

You want confirmation on the gigs I do then look at my tax returns each one is about six inches thick and a contract or invoice for every single job I have ever done is in there!

You want confirmation that I own the karaoke disc that I own then that information is also in my tax returns.

You want confirmation of the vehicles I own no problem that information is in my tax returns as well or would you rather have pictures?

I'm glad you were able to keep your gig Steve that is good news...

NOW here is another thread about to spiral out of control. You boys want to scrap it out exchange phone numbers or whatever you need to do keep it off the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back