What's new

Verizon Wireless Finally Gets Apple’s iPhone

Brandon

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
The wait is over.
Verizon Wireless, the nation’s largest wireless mobile provider, announced Tuesday that it will offer Apple’s wildly popular iPhone to its nearly 100 million customers, breaking 4 years of exclusivity by arch-rival AT&T.
Verizon’s iPhone launch will intensify the already ferocious competition raging in the mobile phone market between the iPhone, Research in Motion’s Blackberry line of devices, and handsets powered by Google’s Android mobile operating system.
For Apple, the Verizon deal opens up a vast swath of the market for its signature product, the iPhone, certainly one of the most iconic mobile devices of the last decade.
View attachment 3970
Read more...
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/01/verizon-iphone-launch/

Attachments

• meadcook-660x440.jpg
    meadcook-660x440.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14
Wow it astounds me people pay a lot of money per month for phones. Just in the comments section in that article a guy is saying:

"I pay $95 with unlimited everything."

It sounds about the right price for that, but I can't believe someone would pay that much per month for a mobile. It is over $1000 per year. :yikes:

The maximum I'd pay for a phone per month is $30. :p $95 is a bit much lol!

I was actually thinking of getting an iPhone 4, then I looked at the cost and just got a Samsung Continuum™ Android Smartphone. Now when it comes to computers, I don't mind spending a bit of money...

I justify it with my freelance work
I just need to work an hr a month to cover it :)
I love my iPhone :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here ye for the iPhone! I cherish my iPhone 4. And it is definately worth every penny i pay for it! All, 9350 of them!

Back