What's new

wario ware?

GINA

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
anyone have this for gba? i'm thinking of picking it up, but is it worth it?

EDIT: just went out and bought it, it's AWESOME! :wub:

Heh I've been considering getting it but I bought Splinter Cell for the GBA instead. Great game here as well. I've been hearing nothing but positive thingd about wario ware. Could it be the "Mario Paint" of the Gameboy SP? It certainly reminds me of it with all the mini games and inovative gameplay it has.

it was a little misleading on the box...i thought it was just a bunch of minigames to play. what happens is you go around to wario's different friends and they challenge you to X number of minigames, but you only have about 5 seconds to complete each one. as you complete more games, the time speeds up. what makes this fun is there are no directions, they tell you one word as a clue like "dodge" or "eat" in order to complete the 5 second game.
only 2 buttons are used (A and control pad), some games are really easy, some take a few tries to figure out, but they're all funny as hell (ex: pick your nose, eat a banana, swat a fly, etc) eventually as you complete the games one by one, you can go back later to play them individually. there are a few 2 player games to unlock, along with full games like "skateboard" or "jumprope". definitely worth the buy! (especially with over 200 games)

This game sounds really good. :) I may buy it. GINA so u think its worth?

it's only like $25-$30, definitely worth it! i "beat the game" today, by completing the game board (for lack of a better term) but there are still lots of games i haven't opened up. since the games played are random, you have no idea when the next one will be open.
i realized today that you can go back over the "game board" and after you go past your high score, you'll level up, and keep going til you run out of "lives"...so it's like an infinite game! it's really good if you just want to play for a few minutes since they're all 5 second games, or hours since you get so indulged.

sorry for all the quotes, but i don't know what else to call these things ("lives," "gameboard," etc)

A tad off topic but while I was at our local EBGAMES I noticed a pack of "party cards" that work with the E-Reader. Apparently you and some friends with GBA's draw a card, swipe it and you have to play the game it loads. Sounds really cool and its only $10.00! Im picking it up as soon as I get an E-Reader.

I played this one at a friend's house. Before I played it, I thought it was going to be the stupidest game that I would ever play, but then I took control, and I found it very addicting and fun.

I've got it and all I need to do is unlock the very last game. I think its a great game if you just want a little gaming session. I love the Nintendo classic games.

Back