What's new

Watching Sports Online For Free

Guys, sorry for the off-topic question but, what adblocker do you use for sites like sopcast?
I'm really needing one to get a good streaming video, ads are really annoying.

General firefox adblocker and popup blocker for first row etc. It is not important for sopcast as the ad only shows before the stream loads.

That's what I do if I want to watch Boxing, UFC and NBA. I am just taking advantage of what's available online for free. I guess there's nothing wrong with that.

General firefox adblocker and popup blocker for first row etc. It is not important for sopcast as the ad only shows before the stream loads.

Thank you very much for the information and the link. I'm using Chrome now, but I have installed Firefox too. I will try an adblocker and then I will try using first row, sopcast and others.

Watching sports online can be quite convenient, but when it comes to clarity and sharpness of the video, I reccommend using a normal TV. I prefer a normal television anyways for sports.

Watching sports online can be quite convenient, but when it comes to clarity and sharpness of the video, I reccommend using a normal TV. I prefer a normal television anyways for sports.

I agree with this, I prefer watching sports on TV rather than watching them on my PC. Of course if I can't watch them on tv because I'm not at home or something, I will use my pc definitely. A normal TV has better image quality and the fact that it's bigger makes a difference.

It's definitely stealing and illegal, but you do bring up some good points. A lot of people are put off when they can't follow a sporting event that could interest them, and therefore cannot form a good relationship with the sport itself. I think it is time for all media in general to come up with a new business model. I watch some events online for free, but would gladly pay for better quality. TV is slowly being dominated by the internet and the longer they delay using it to their advantage, the more money these corporations lose. And the fans lose as well, because they have no proper means of watching their favorite sport.

It's definitely stealing and illegal, but you do bring up some good points. A lot of people are put off when they can't follow a sporting event that could interest them, and therefore cannot form a good relationship with the sport itself. I think it is time for all media in general to come up with a new business model. I watch some events online for free, but would gladly pay for better quality. TV is slowly being dominated by the internet and the longer they delay using it to their advantage, the more money these corporations lose. And the fans lose as well, because they have no proper means of watching their favorite sport.

Only stealing from corporations that overcharge and refuse to bring down the cost of sports so that the less wealthy can afford it.

When profits exceed $200 million then that needs addressing.

You are right, technically it's stealing and illegal. However, Portland Timbers is also right, corporations are taking advantage from sports overcharging the cost of them.
My tv is hooked up to my pc (HDMI) and I would like to have a better quality, it doesn't matter if I have to pay for it. I think it's time to change media business

So what do you all thin about watching your favorite games/sports online for free?

Do you think it should be a choice of the individual to watch online for free albeit a very dross quality format?

I understand the stealing cash from sports principle, but many people are losing out on sports because they cannot afford it, if sport was cheaper more would go to events.

Many people are put off sport and become unhealthy because they cannot gain a proper affiliation to a particular sport because they cannot afford to watch.

So I say it is against the Human Rights Act to deny people a free facility to view sports.

Live streaming is becoming more and more popular for individuals who are on the go. Yes I do feel it should be the choice of the individual to watch online, if it is available.

Paying to watch sports is just ridiculous. Unless you are actually ATTENDING the event, I find no reason to charge people to watch it.

Thats exactly what i think. These sports are mainly FOR people to watch and you shouldn't have to pay unless you want to go to actually see them play in person.

I would watch them online but i actually do not know any really good sites for it. I have tried a few but my security system will not allow me to enter them.

Back