What's new

Weight Lost

Dude... you lost 40 pounds in a month?? That's crazy (but congrats).

I broke my foot about 6 months ago and have been lazy about getting back to the gym (now that I can)... Although I did start swimming every day for the last week.

Dude... you lost 40 pounds in a month?? That's crazy (but congrats).

I broke my foot about 6 months ago and have been lazy about getting back to the gym (now that I can)... Although I did start swimming every day for the last week.
Ya, the first 40 pounds seem to be the easiest. I'm having a little bit of trouble now dropping the weight. I've been up'ing my cardio to 40 minutes though:
AwxQ5FZCAAAUglB.jpg:large

Swimming is a great form of exercise as well. When I do that on a particular gym day, I try to get in 10 laps.

Wow great progress. That much weight lost almost seems hard to believe. exercise is the best medicine when it comes to losing weight. Ya swimming helps a lot. I just love doing it. I started off doing a couple laps but now I can go up to 30-40 laps. You'll feel great after swimming and completing the laps.

Wow great progress. That much weight lost almost seems hard to believe. exercise is the best medicine when it comes to losing weight. Ya swimming helps a lot. I just love doing it. I started off doing a couple laps but now I can go up to 30-40 laps. You'll feel great after swimming and completing the laps.
Not to mention it also kills my arms while doing the laps. I'm like "I don't know if I can keep going", but I keep pushing it. It's the same way with weights.

Yes but swimming just like weights takes time. You must start small and build up. There was a time where the maximum laps I could do was 3. I kept building: 3,5,7,10,12 and etc.

Yes but swimming just like weights takes time. You must start small and build up. There was a time where the maximum laps I could do was 3. I kept building: 3,5,7,10,12 and etc.
Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it. I'm thinking about putting more swimming into my daily work outs because A) more cardio B) get more endurance, strength and everything else. I never really considered swimming as a real good exercise until I do those laps. On average, how many calories do you think swimming burns in 15 minutes? How about 30?

I'm not sure to be honest. It is not about the time but about the speed as well. You can do 10 laps in 15 minutes but you can also do 20 laps in 15 minutes. I never worry about how long I swim for. But I set a number of laps lets say 15, then I time myself. If I do it in 10 minutes then next time I want to do it in 9 minutes and so on. Keep trying to increase your speed. Then after a while you increase the amount. You do 20 lengths and you time yourself and repeat the cycle.

Because you can get a better work out in 15 minutes than 30 minutes depending on how you swim and the number of laps you swim.

Also remember to never just stop at the end. Do 1 or 2 laps very slowly your calm yourself down.

When I do it, I sometimes get to a point where I feel like I am burning while underwater. I also feel like I am sweating while I am underwater. You will be tired as hell but it will be worth it. ;)

I'm not sure to be honest. It is not about the time but about the speed as well. You can do 10 laps in 15 minutes but you can also do 20 laps in 15 minutes. I never worry about how long I swim for. But I set a number of laps lets say 15, then I time myself. If I do it in 10 minutes then next time I want to do it in 9 minutes and so on. Keep trying to increase your speed. Then after a while you increase the amount. You do 20 lengths and you time yourself and repeat the cycle.

Because you can get a better work out in 15 minutes than 30 minutes depending on how you swim and the number of laps you swim.

Also remember to never just stop at the end. Do 1 or 2 laps very slowly your calm yourself down.

When I do it, I sometimes get to a point where I feel like I am burning while underwater. I also feel like I am sweating while I am underwater. You will be tired as hell but it will be worth it. ;)
Thanks for the swimming tips, I really appreciate it. Has anyone here ever tried fat burning supplements? If so, which ones have you used?

I've just recently joined my local gym (again) and I'm attempting to lose weight; and just get generally fitter. Started out strong, but hurt my foot the other day, so had a few days off and hope to get back in tomorrow morning.

Went in the other day and had a plan made up with one of the personal trainers there (wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out a muscle group). Hopefully I'll start shedding the lb's soon.

Back