What's new

What Activities Did You Do When You Were A Young

rosebud

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
As we were growing up we were doing activities, hobbies, clubs that we belonged to. Now I did lead a very active childhood and I was wondering what are some of the things you belonged too.

I was a Brownie and Junior Girl Scout and I really liked earning badges, going camping, putting on skits, having parties, playing games with other girls my own age. I still have my vest with all my badges on it. And since my daughter has been in Girl Scouts since Kindergarten, I am her troop leader. I will be her troop leader until she no longer wants to do this anymore.

Okay who's next...

I went fishing, caught fish, ate fish, and........oh yes...WENT FISHING!!

Joining the Drama Club was another activity I did when I was growing up. I loved acting and pretending to be someone I'm not. I was in a couple of plays and had so much fun acting. When I reached High School I joined the drama club for about a year and then gave it up for Boys...lmao

Moved to Water Cooler . . .

I did just about every sport possible when I was growing up. I also played the Sax in the band. Oh, and I did a whole lot of deep sea fishing.

I was hanging out with friends alot, often outdoors. Even after having my first real computer (a VIC-20), that still continued for some years. But computer programming became my primary spare time activity really early. :nod:

In school, I was in a theater group for a while, and I also took electric organ lessons for a while. I was also drawing "comic strips."

Making music and writing (lyrics and stories) are the only ones of my hobbies that survived my childhood (besides computer programming).

But yeah, thinking about it, computer programming is a nice hobby to have. It's one of the most creative, most satisfying, and most intriguing hobbies a human can have. There's always something new to explore. It's like travelling the world and discovering new places every day. :)

Another activity I did while growing up and this was when I was in Junior High school. I was a baton twirler. In Sixth grade I stayed after school learning this fun activity. By the time I reached 8th grade I was the leader of the group. I marched in bands and performed at prep rallys.

When I reached 9th grade I gave it up.....yup..you know why...Boys!! :lol:

I took ballet from the time I was 5 until 14 years old. When I was 11 years old I was enrolled into the Imperial Ballet Academy run by Joesph Albano. I stuided and learned from him for four years. Mr. Albano left the Hartford Ballet (I guess the company disagreed with many of his ideas) To start his own company in Hartford Connecticut. He does the Nutcracker every Christmas.

Since I didn't live in Hartford I had to travel there every Saturday. I was there all day long and didn't arrive home until 10:00 pm.

I took pointe, ballet, drama, music, modern ballet and piano. Your correct about your toes hurting standing in those toe shoes. Better way to have your toes get hard is to add alot of lambs wool, then slowly you take a little bit away at a time.

I knew I wasn't going to be a professional ballerina, and that is what Mr. Albano had in store for all his dancers.

I missed my Saturdays and since I was at the age of 14, I was getting interested in boys. So at the age of 14 my ballet career was over.

I beat girls and ripped of their pigtails off :ut-oh:
Shame on me :lol:

I didn't do anything.

Oh wait. I climbed a lot of trees.:tongue:

i did a heck of a lot of camping and hiking. still enjoy it to this day.

I was in Girl Scouts for a while, did the family camping thing for YEARS, loved to draw, had my own neighborhood newspaper, loved to ride my bike, LOVED the Library. Now I'm getting all nostalgic!!! ** SNIFF! **

Back