What's new

What EASY goodies are you making this holiday?

DianeScraps

Barter in the mornin, barter in the evenin, barter
PF Member
Reaction score
Our 'baking' day is this Friday, here are some of the things we are planning:

Dipped Oreo Cookie Suckers
dipped-oreo-cookie.jpg

http://www.anoccasionalchocolate.com/dipped-oreo-cookie.html

DeFrosty the Snowman
defrosty-the-snowman-melting-recipe-photo-260-FF0309EFA07.jpg

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/hol.../winter-desserts/defrosty-the-snowman-699372/

Nutty Caramels
nutty-caramels-candy-christmas-recipe-photo-260-FF0105GIFTA13.jpg

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/hol...christmas-candy-treats/nutty-caramels-684961/

Love the Defrosty snowman --- way too cute! I am not baking, okay maybe some Simply cookies but that's about it.

peanut butter blossoms are pretty easy and so are Chocolate covered pretzels & rice krispies.

I am planning on making pizzelles, sugar cookies, homemade caramels, maybe some divinity. choc covered pretzel, oatmeal raisin cookies, peanut butter blossoms, fudge, brownies, rice krispies, maybe some peanut brittle. not sure what else.

I am trying to get the house clean and all the decorations up this week so I can start getting stuff ready to bake the week before Christmas. I still have to clean the kitchen and get all the clutter off the counter tops so I have room to bake.

still have to start Christmas shopping too, wow, glad there is 2 weeks left!

If I get around to it...peppermint bark...crush some candy canes or starlight mints. Melt some almond bark...stir in the candy...if it tastes too weak, add some peppermint extract...if it looks too much like vomit, add a drop of red food coloring...spread out on foil or marble to cool...break into bite size pieces...you can do the same with spearmint or cinnamon candy...

Seven layer (magic) cookie bars. I have tons of Eagle condensed milk frm the Smuckers deal. I'm going to sprinkle a few red & green M&Ms (on sale at Wags last week) on top for a little festive color.

If I get around to it...peppermint bark...crush some candy canes or starlight mints. Melt some almond bark...stir in the candy...if it tastes too weak, add some peppermint extract...if it looks too much like vomit, add a drop of red food coloring...spread out on foil or marble to cool...break into bite size pieces...you can do the same with spearmint or cinnamon candy...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DianeScraps those are some great ideas! I'll have to make the Oreo pops for my kids.

Me, Mom and sister will be baking at my Mom's house on the 20th. We make cut out cookies, pinwheel cookies, spiced nuts, spritz cookies, fudge, etc. None of them are super quick, but not hard.

my friend invited me to come over her place to make cookies but the weather totally bums me out. now i want to make sugar cookies at home but laziness took over!!!

Cakeballs are a favorite at our house! I'm sure I'm setting myself up here but I can handle it!! :)

Cakeballs are a favorite at our house! I'm sure I'm setting myself up here but I can handle it!! :)

'Splain please? I'm assuming this involves a boxed cake mix?

Yep...they are awesome. Bake a cake (follow directions on box) cool it and crumble it in a bowl. Mix in a can of frosting (lord knows we all have enough free cake and frosting). Chill misture in fridge. Roll into balls. Put balls in freezer to harden. When they are hardened melt chocolate dip and let sit! So good, so easy!!

OMG my cavities are hurting just looking at that picture! :drool:

I've never heard of this, but will HAVE to try it.

BTW I don't have more than 2 cans of frosting....:pout: Cake mix yes, but frosting I can never find a deal on.

Hey on the right side of that link for the cake balls you can click for a .50/1 BC potatos coupon (printed twice). :hiphip:

Then I refreshed it and it changed to a $1/2 Pillsbury crescents ip!

the cake balls are NOTthat sweet--we made them for the first time last christmas--OMG they are such a hit--ds just brought them in to school yesterday as a treat ( he got caught with his cellphone in class--teacher makes them bring in treats for entire class when they get caught..) anyhow he said--i could make a mint if i brought these to school to sell...LOL

easy cheesy--bake a cake crumble it up add a cake of frosting mix it up and scoop into balls! ( well then freeze balls and dip them in chocolate..) Last year i make chocolate ones and dipped them into white chocolate flovored with pepermint oil..

They say to use cream cheese frosting. Focadima what kind of chocolate do you use?

Still have TONS of Frosted Flakes! You can get the redhots @ Dolla Store

Sooooooo.....

Wreaths.jpg

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon green food coloring
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups cornflakes cereal
1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies
Directions
1.Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir. (This can be done in a double boiler if one doesn't have a microwave.)
2.Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
3.Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.

Back