What's new

What EASY goodies are you making this holiday?

Thanks, I found a Glitter decorating gel, by Wilton, at AC Moore.

These are the Oreo Cookies pops.

KEWL! I'm gonna have to look for that stuff. :cartwheel:

While the cake is still warm you are crumbling it. It got kinda doughy.

And we melted milk chocolate cookie chips, just adding a little oil, it worked great.

I crumbled it pretty good the used a fork to mix in the frosting. Go ahead and really smoosh it in there while mixing it up. I used my little cookie scooper to scoop so they're all the same size then rolled in my hands.

Seriously Joan you can't go wrong.

You've never been in my kitchen, have you? :giggles:

These sound doable, my only concern is the melting chocolate part - as I mentioned it didn't go too well for me in the past when I was making chocolate covered pretzles. I think I'll try the improvised double boiler this time since the microwave wasn't too helpful last time.

You've never been in my kitchen, have you? :giggles:

These sound doable, my only concern is the melting chocolate part - as I mentioned it didn't go too well for me in the past when I was making chocolate covered pretzles. I think I'll try the improvised double boiler this time since the microwave wasn't too helpful last time.

Right DO NOT nuke chocolate.....goes wrong more times then not. I just put a metal bowl over a sauce pan with water in it....works great.

I picked up one of those chocolate melter/ fondue pot things on clearance last year and it works awesome. If you have the opportunity I would strongly recommend picking one up. It's so easy that my kids (9 & 11) can do the melting and dipping.

Oh and I would recommend keeping the cake balls on the small side, they are easier to dip that way.

We also chilled ours in the 'polish freezer' before dipping

What's that? Putting them outside?

yeah, the topic came up in another thread of people using their garage for things like ice cream once winter came around. For us in PA, even though it can get cold, the temps are consistent enough to do anything like that.

But while baking and dipping chocolate last night the temps were perfect for it.

we call this reindeer poop...lol

http://www.recipezaar.com/Milky-Way-Balls-95523

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 18 regular-sized marshmallows
  • 3 (2 1/4 ounce) Milky Way bars (regular candy bar size)
  • 2 1/2 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal or Cocoa Puffs cereal
Directions
  1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
  2. Add the marshmallows and Milky Ways, stirring, until the mixture is smooth.
  3. Stir in the cereal.
  4. Lightly butter your hands; roll the Milky Way mixture into balls.
  5. (**You can, at this point, roll the candy into powdered sugar, cocoa powder, or a mixture of the two, if desired.**).
  6. Let candy cool on waxed paper

7. Store in an airtight container.

I can't believe in this house of plenty I can't find my wax paper. Can I just use cling wrap on a really cold cookie sheet after I dip the cakeballs in the chocolate?

I can't believe in this house of plenty I can't find my wax paper. Can I just use cling wrap on a really cold cookie sheet after I dip the cakeballs in the chocolate?

I don't have any wax paper. I just put them on foil wrappers (still have plenty of those!).

I ran out of wax paper too (and parchment paper - ugg!) We used the heavy duty alluminum foil

Actually I ended up just putting a dot of oil on my fingertips and then rubbing a really light coating all over the cookie sheet. Seems to have done the trick.

So my family has eaten at least half of the batch. Everytime someone walks through the kitchen they grab one. The 4 year old neighbor just walked in and helped herself to a couple. Looks like they're a hit!:hiphip:

i made oatmeal scotchies and alton brown chocolate chip cookies for the boss dinner party tonight

Oooohhhh!!!! If you wanna share that scotchies recipe I would like to see it. Have fun at the dinner party.

another pics - Oreo Cookies sticked, dipped and decorated

Carmels rolled out, dipped in chocolate and dipped in peanuts

oreocookiesandcarmel.jpg

Diane you go girl! Those look great!

did you just buy a bag of carmels and then flatten them and dipped them in chocolate and nuts(yummy)?
I always make
Buttons=square pretzels,rolls,m&m in the middle
ch.covered pretzels
turtles=pecans,carmels,dipped in chocolate

Back