What's new

What is in the future for Mark Sanchez?

How far did his team get last season? It must not be far enough if they are considering letting him go.

I don't think he's going to be with the Jets much longer if he doesn't get better soon. If the guy can't throw right anymore, he's no good for them anymore.

How far did his team get last season? It must not be far enough if they are considering letting him go.

Long story short, they saw no post season action. That right there pretty much tells the story.

I think Mark is a "better than serviceable" type of QB. He's never going to be great no matter how well the offense fits his skill set, but he's capable of leading a good team deep into the playoffs.

I hope Sanchez has not reached his peak. Bringing his team to the playoffs time and time again was a great accomplishment. But each time they were so close yet so far. This year they could not even get that far. It seems like Sanchez is getting better instead of worse. He needs to do something and fast!

I hope Sanchez has not reached his peak. Bringing his team to the playoffs time and time again was a great accomplishment. But each time they were so close yet so far. This year they could not even get that far. It seems like Sanchez is getting better instead of worse. He needs to do something and fast!

The two seasons the Jets went to the AFCCG, it was hardly due to Sanchez.

2009-
#1 in overall defense
#1 in passing defense
#8 in rushing defense

#20 in overall offense
#1 in rushing offense
#31 in passing offense

2010-
#3 in overall defense
#3 in rushing defense
#6 in passing defense

#11 overall offense
#4 rushing offense
#22 passing offense

The two seasons the Jets went to the AFCCG, it was hardly due to Sanchez.

2009-
#1 in overall defense
#1 in passing defense
#8 in rushing defense

#20 in overall offense
#1 in rushing offense
#31 in passing offense

2010-
#3 in overall defense
#3 in rushing defense
#6 in passing defense

#11 overall offense
#4 rushing offense
#22 passing offense

Wow I did not realize this but you are right! If he is not really responsible for their success then why is he being blamed for their failure? Why is the media so hard on him? Seems to me the team is called the NY Jets not the NY Sanchez.

Wow I did not realize this but you are right! If he is not really responsible for their success then why is he being blamed for their failure? Why is the media so hard on him? Seems to me the team is called the NY Jets not the NY Sanchez.

The QB is the figure head of any franchise, or it should be. I think the media is starting to find out that the teams past success has been because of everyone BESIDES Sanchez. If they had a decent QB they would be an instant Super Bowl contender.

i think they will try to beef up the o line for next year, and if he still doesnt perform after then, get a new QB

But that's how it goes in sports. The presumable "team leader" is the one that will always get the most heat. Even all of it in some cases. It's the same thing in baseball for example where the pitcher unfortunately gets to shoulder most of the blame in a loss. The quarterback is the same scenario

Mark never was and never will be a good quarterback. He just lacks the pocket presence and the ability to make good decisions that top quarterbacks do. He will probably end up on a bad team and will never succeed.

Mark never was and never will be a good quarterback. He just lacks the pocket presence and the ability to make good decisions that top quarterbacks do. He will probably end up on a bad team and will never succeed.

What's bad for the Jets is that when you look at the rest of the team these past few years, they literally HAVE all the elements necessary to be a top contender ASIDE from their QB.

It reminds me of the Bears when Grossman was the starting QB

I hope the Jets pick up someone as a backup QB who can light a fire under his butt and make him fight for his job. Hopefully this will make him work harder and motivate him.

I hope the Jets pick up someone as a backup QB who can light a fire under his butt and make him fight for his job. Hopefully this will make him work harder and motivate him.

If the Jets pick up Peyton, he can forget having a fire lit under his butt, he's going to get benched or traded plain and simple. Even with Peyton's neck problems, he's a better QB than Sanchez can ever be apparently.

The word on the street is that the Jets are looking at Henne since he knows how to run a Sparano offense. He would be the backup but since he has the experience he would be there to give Sanchez either a boost or a boot.

Now if Peyton becomes an option every team is going after him so who knows.

The word on the street is that the Jets are looking at Henne since he knows how to run a Sparano offense. He would be the backup but since he has the experience he would be there to give Sanchez either a boost or a boot.

Now if Peyton becomes an option every team is going after him so who knows.

If they are looking at a backup to push Sanchez in training camp I think Henne is a good choice.

If they are looking at a backup to push Sanchez in training camp I think Henne is a good choice.

I agree. He will definitely give Sanchez a kick in the **** but if he doesn't perform than Henne can always step in. He has experience and has played for a ****ty team his whole career and has been decent so if he actually has a solid team and OL protecting him he might do some damage.

Brunell is just too old to cause Sanchez to worry so Henne is a solid choice.

Back