What's new

What is your typing speed?

Well i'm definitely a bit rusty I only got 77 WPM but 0 errors so that is the good part. Although I did make 1 or 2 errors but I corrected them before moving on just out of habit. Back in High School I took a few typing classes over the years and worked my way up to 100 WPM give or take a couple errors. Time to start practicing again!

Finally, someone on here that doesn't make me feel like I spend too much time behind the keyboard. Good job though.

I'm thinking about doing Medical Transcription for extra income on the side so I need to improve my typing speed to 100+.

Haha thanks. What's this Medical Transcription for extra income your talking about? I'd love to make some extra money by just typing things up :) any suggestions?

Also very interested in information on medical transcription, my typing speed is already well over 100. All that being able to type really fast does for me is make me feel like I spend way too much time on the computer.

Oh well.

Medical transcription, most cases, takes about 6 months of accredited school to just learn medical terminology. But basically its a real job that you can do from home.

Doctor's record notes on a tape recorder and your job is to interpret and type what he's saying into forms. Some pay by the line and others get paid by the hour. Doesn't start off VERY lucrative, ($8 - $12/hr in the first year) but the more experienced you get, and the faster you get at it, the more you will make hourly. Plus you can work as many hours as you want. Basically if you wanted to you could sit down and transcribe for 100 hours a week.

I got 72 with one error. I find that it was a bit unfair as it was old english typing and there weren't any periods lol. But I guess it's a semi good indicator. I suggest you guys use this site instead: http://www.typeracer.com

As a typist, I've always been average at best. I usually get into the 70's with at least 5 errors. Which isn't that great. Especially compared to some of the people here.

Medical transcription, most cases, takes about 6 months of accredited school to just learn medical terminology. But basically its a real job that you can do from home.

Doctor's record notes on a tape recorder and your job is to interpret and type what he's saying into forms. Some pay by the line and others get paid by the hour. Doesn't start off VERY lucrative, ($8 - $12/hr in the first year) but the more experienced you get, and the faster you get at it, the more you will make hourly. Plus you can work as many hours as you want. Basically if you wanted to you could sit down and transcribe for 100 hours a week.

That's pretty nice. Is there any other requirement, and how would I inquire about this job? I spend too much time typing, so I might as well find a good use for it.

Back in school, i got around 100 or so. Thought that was so fast and was proud but later on found out it wasnt that good nor that bad.

Yeah every one was faster at typing in school because you had nothing better to do. I had 113 WPM (srs).

If you want to learn more about transcription, just google "how to". The first five links will have good information on it.

Your typing speed is 47 words per minute.

You made 7 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

When Kipps left New ROmney, with a small yellow tin box. a still smaller portmateau, a new umbrella, and a keepsake half--sixpence, to become a dreaper, he was a youngster of fourteen, thin, with a whimsical drakes'-talis at the pole of his head, smallish features, and eyes that were sometimes very light and sometimes very dark, gifts those of his birth; and by the nature of his training he ewas indistinct in his speech, confused in his mind, and retreating in his manners.

Tried it again today, 78 WPM 1 error. I'm getting good lol! Just have to practice every day.

My best was 55WPM. I can type somewhat fast but i have too look at the keyboard:D

Looking at the keyboard kind of defeats the purpose, humphrey :D Try without looking.

I am not even going to attempt the test. I know I am horrible. I am a plucker with my index fingers. I am not very slow but I make a lot of mistakes. But I have gotten a lot better!

43 WPM, 4 errors.

I guess my typing is slow lol.

65 WPM I remember back in the day anything above 50 WPM was amazing enough to put on a resume.

Back