What's new

what kind of cell phone plan do you have?

spidergoolash

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
i just got mine a few months ago through verizon. $29.99/mo. gets me 200 weekday minutes and 1,500 weekend minutes. i also get free long-distance for a year and the first minute of incoming calls are free. not a bad deal and customer service is pretty good.

just curious to see what everybody else has ...

------------------
"would you like some snake eyes?"

I'm in the 2nd year of my 2-year contract: $9.99 a month gets me free voicemail, call waiting, caller ID, yadda yadda yadda...plus an extra $9.99 for free night & weekend calling, for a grand total of around $20 a month. Cellular One, bay-bee!

------------------
My knob tastes funny.

when i'm in indiana i don't have a phone.. but in LA.. my uncle has a spare cell phone that he lends me.. it's a Nextel.. $40 for 300mins and 100mins of the 2 way communication.. when i'm not there he gives it to one of his reporters... (he works as a general manager at a chinese newspaper in LA)

I used to have a plan through Bellsouth Mobility that gave me 250 peak minutes and free nights and weekends for $45/month. I've cannibalized the plan to the minimum ($15 per month plan) to maintain my contract through the end of the year...then it's gone all together. I don't like the things, really.
lol.gif
I also don't like being easily accessable.

------------------
Does driving a car from Saturn make me an alien?

I'm just a quick pee. - liltaz, fastest pee in the West!

That which does not make me barf, makes me stronger - possum37, fugly.net guru.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by JHowse on January 17, 2001 at 11:13 AM]</font>

I have a Motorola Startac that I use with Verizon.
I love this **** phone. It's nice because when I'm carrying it with me, I don't know that I'm carrying it with me.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious."

I have Sprint PCS, 180 anytime minutes/month, coast to coast long distance, very large nationwide network (though nationwide does not mean ALL areas of the country), voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, probably other stuff too, for $29.99/month. Oh, I also don't have a contract; it's all month to month. I could get a load more minutes per month for the same price if I would sign a contract, but I feel very non-committal about this and I have only once gone over my minutes--and that was because somehow American Express got my cell number and called me on it for an impromptu, 45-minute phone interview.
tongue.gif

Cell Phone What are those?
tongue.gif
I dont have one.

------------------
Mother Should I Trust The Government - Pink Floyd

Sprint PCS- 500 min anywhere in the US. for 29.99- (250 reg, 250 nights/weekends)

------------------
"I touch the earth, the earth touches me"

After last night, I'm going to write a letter to Verizon...

To start off, I need a really exorbinant amount of minutes, as my job(s) require me to use my cell phone as an office, and to call lots of different places like Washington. So, for $99.99 a month, I have been getting 1000 minutes per month. But beleive it or not, working on the election and such required far more than that, and every additional minute was 50 cents.

I went to the headquarters yesterday, really peeved, because they didn't seem to have a more realistic plan for someone who needs their phone for a job. After trying to press some ridiculous plan that wouldn't allow me to leave my homestate, the salseman *finally* decides to tell me that since I signed up, they'd changed my plan to off 200 more free minutes. I said great, assuming that them changing it, meant that it had already be changed. But no, they couldn't just implement that, they needed me to "request" the new and improved free service. After about 15 minutes of asking him if there was anythign else he could do, he decided to tell me that "by the way, if you don't mind paying $5 extra per month, we'll give you 1000 extra weekend minutes". This is the most horrible customer service I've ever encountered -- it's like they just want more and more new customers, and don't care about their existant ones.

So, in short, after this rant All Verizon customers, no matter what minute plan you have, they've added 200 free minutes to it, so be sure to "request" they make the change.

Yeah, that'll do.

------------------
En fuego, bebe.

I have spidey's plan...also has free call forwarding, free call waiting, free voice mail, free caller ID, free text messaging, etc.

------------------
Zoopy: I feel so refreshed...I finally got my ****.

I don't have a cell phone.
frown.gif

But that really sucks, KNS.

------------------
"I might need you to hold me tonight.
I might need you to say it's alright." - Savage Garden

I have to agree...I've been dealing with their customer disservice a lot lately and have decided it REALLY sucks.
I already have 1500 weekend minutes...200 weekday minutes..would like extra weekday time...

------------------

i don't know what i got and found out through liltaz that verizon really sucks.....

let me see if i got this right. 400 peak and 600 off peak. don't know about long distance.. hmmmm

------------------
"MHPBILUS till my last days of breathing.

Oooopz

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by TheFishee on January 19, 2001 at 12:04 PM]</font>

I've had Verizon for a while now and while the CS leaves a little to be desired, I haven't had any problems with the actual service. It's worlds better than AT&T.

------------------
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious."

yeah I'll say the service itself is pretty good...

(zoopy you have free long distance)

------------------

I have the 200 anytime 800 night/weekend.. 1000 mins plan for $30 from sprint pcs.. and i got a $100 rebate for signing a 1 year contract

Back