What's new

What kind of dog should we get?

Brody doesn't jump on people, except when I'm not moving fast enough to take him outside then he goes behind me, jumps up and pushes his front paws into my butt LOL

Even though I know I should be correcting him it cracks me up :lol:

Lol that is cute! Sadie's breed is a herding dog so she's always tripping me up trying to get me to do something esp when she knows I'm getting ready to take her out. :lol:

Our maltese is now 9 months old, and came from the local SPCA. For being a puppy he is a really good dog, LOVES to be next to me. We don't own another dog, but his interactions with dogs at parks, pet store and campground have been great. So far he and our cat still don't get along though, but I think it is mostly that the cat sneaks around and surprises the dog and the dog is just plain curious.

If you have multiple SPCAs in your area you may want to check into several of them - some of them around us charge HUNDREDS, but the one for our county only charges $60

My cuddle puppy:
11-1.jpg

My cuddle puppy:
11-1.jpg

Awww!!! I love seeing pics of your pup! He looks like such a lover!

Yeah various shelters, rescues, etc. charge different prices. I think it cost $180 to get my Sadie gurl from a rescue two hours away in IL. I've seen some darling pooches that needed $300+. Ouch.

Awww!!! I love seeing pics of your pup! He looks like such a lover!

Yeah various shelters, rescues, etc. charge different prices. I think it cost $180 to get my Sadie gurl from a rescue two hours away in IL. I've seen some darling pooches that needed $300+. Ouch.

In the shelter's defense, they usually come with their shots and are spayed. For $300, that's a bargain.

In the shelter's defense, they usually come with their shots and are spayed. For $300, that's a bargain.

I understand, but munchie was given shots, spayed and they even groomed him. Our high price shelters are also known for lots of paperwork and requirements like all the family having to be there to do the adoption (hard when they are only open 10-4

I understand, but munchie was given shots, spayed and they even groomed him. Our high price shelters are also known for lots of paperwork and requirements like all the family having to be there to do the adoption (hard when they are only open 10-4

I gotcha. There's really only one big shelter in this area. It's the county affiliated one. Their fee for dogs is about $200 and that includes the spaying & shots. They offer discounts for adopting older dogs and cats are cheaper. Often they'll have a two for one deal on the kitties. :giggles:

TLC in homer glen has awesome rescue pups!

We rescued all 3 of our dogs. We adopted all as puppies. We have a black lab (who is a lover), a black affenpinscher/brussels griffon mix (he's my lap dog pal-in my avatar), and in april we rescued a black schipperke. She's supposed to stay tiny... So far she's an awesome dog. High energy, but house trained and protective of her family. All my dogs get along.

Back