What's new

What kinds of books?

I read things in a particular "sub-genre" to sci-fi, called "Space opera"
Space Opera is like hardcore sci-fi. Where the writer explains the physics, and dimensions of anything important. For an example, take most of Larry Niven's work. Protector, Ringworld, Crashlander, World of Ptavvs, A gift from earth....
The list goes on and on. Then stops, but that's too far away, so I'll end it here. Even though by the time I finish writing this, I probably could have written them all out :)

Horror!!
Stephen King is my favorite author of all time. ;)

I got addicted to Jean Auel's books and now I read any book that is about cavemen or early Native American.
I have been waiting 10 years for Jean Auel's 5th book of her Earth Children series to be published.
I also read true crimes and mystery books.

Originally posted by windchimes
I got addicted to Jean Auel's books and now I read any book that is about cavemen or early Native American.
I have been waiting 10 years for Jean Auel's 5th book of her Earth Children series to be published.
I also read true crimes and mystery books.

wow! i forgot about these :) i read clan of the cave bear back in high school. what a great book. valley of horses was a good one as well. at least, i think that was the name of it.

I tend to prefer realistic books over fantasy - I don't know why, I've never been big on fantasy.

I find myself picking up quite a few non-fiction books now, too. For the most part, I've enjoyed them, though the Mengele book was rather dry.

Hmmm science fiction, fantasy, horror, comedy, and a little mystery. I guess I'm not too picky ;)

Back