What's new

What lame movie, that I saw tonight

:nod: that's still one of my all-time favorite action movies, i saw it on tv the other day again and still enjoyed it a lot. and maybe i've lowered my standards, but the plot didn't seem *that* bad....

Elphaba said:
I watched the movie "Charly," and in my opionion, it is a very sad re-making of the wonderful book, "Flowers For Algernon." First off, I can't even feel Chairlie turning into a genious. When he becomes smart, he seems, well, normal. And the ending was just plain stupid. And I did wish they put in some of the memories of his family. That was my fav. part of the book, too. Also, he never realizes the guys at the bakery make fun of him, which I think is important because it makes him think, "Well, maybe everyone isn't quite as nice as I thought." But, despite that, the actor playing Chairlie was good playing a mental retard, so, I give the movie one star for that. The movie's lucky to get even one star. :rolleyes:

i agree with you. the book made me cry but the movie did nothing for me. it's been a while since i've seen it though.

here's my contribution for the day :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103090/

Sahara! :lol: That was wasted time. Even my snowies noted it.

However, running camel - seems it is cool thing! :nod:

I had to endure "Connie and Carla" with my mother and girlfriend.
Oh, what a horror show that was.

How's this for a plot?
After accidentally witnessing a mafia hit in the Windy City, gal pals Connie and Carla skip town for L.A., where they go way undercover as singers working the city's dinner theater circuit ... as drag queens. Now, it's not enough that they become big hits on the scene; things get extra-weird when Connie meets Jeff -- a guy she'd like to be a woman with.

Seriously, as bad as that sounds, it's far worse than you can possibly imagine.
For Nia Vardalos, this was her first film after "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". This one was clearly her big, fat stink bomb.

Diesel said:
I had to endure "Connie and Carla" with my mother and girlfriend.
Oh, what a horror show that was.

How's this for a plot?

Seriously, as bad as that sounds, it's far worse than you can possibly imagine.
For Nia Vardalos, this was her first film after "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". This one was clearly her big, fat stink bomb.

My girlfriend took me to that in the theater! It was strange because even she doesn't really like movies that cheesy that much, but she really wanted to see it for some reason.

Last movie I saw was The 40 Year Old Virgin, which I thought was great. Before that I saw 2046, which I thought was overrated. :ut-oh:

hmm, i saw the 40 year old virgin yesterday, and i thought it was pretty lousy. but i was watching it alone, to kill time before i could pick my car up from the shop... still, i don't think i would have enjoyed it much more with people on a social occasion. it definitely had its parts, but i don't think they quite saved it.

National Treasure

I just don't know what to say about it.....help me describe this movie.....it falls in this category somehow....lol

:lol: i enjoyed myself while watching it, i was able to completely deactivate my brain and have fun

I thought the 40 year old virgin was amazingly hilarious. I mean it had its dull moments, and was quite predictible, however it was very funny.

Guess I didn't have my movie snob hat on at the time I was watching it.

4 brothers. Good idea, bad execution.

IMO Alexander was a lame movie. It was a good story but done poorly. Some of the scenes between Colin Farrell and Jared Leto were supposed to be so serious but they were laughable. That movie just seemed ouver the top with it's execution of the story.

Here's one that's a must see, although I hate to call it a bad movie:

Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter --

Awesome film, Jesus kills vampires, a cult classic that's hard to find, but totally worth it if you can...terrible, but at the same time, wonderful.

immortalem said:
IMO Alexander was a lame movie. It was a good story but done poorly. Some of the scenes between Colin Farrell and Jared Leto were supposed to be so serious but they were laughable. That movie just seemed ouver the top with it's execution of the story.

I've heard this in a lot of places . . . what I wonder is what version you saw of it. I heard the directors cut was much better then the theatrical version. I think I have this one coming on netflix sometime soon.

Prox said:
I've heard this in a lot of places . . . what I wonder is what version you saw of it. I heard the directors cut was much better then the theatrical version. I think I have this one coming on netflix sometime soon.

I saw the theatrical version. I haven't seen the directors cut because I don't know if I could watch it since the theatrical was so bad. But I may have to just see if it is a little better.

The Phantom of the Opera ... What's the lame movie ... it is full of ugly voice of phantom, it's voice is ugly, I have the recordings from original cast and former phantom was much better. There are alot of ugly peoples which are kinda dancing on the backstage, they bends their legs and hands like ... like cheap backstage ... The decorations are looking thick and expencive. The special effects are quality effects. Quality computer graphics ... Zorro like plot ... Rather good/bad camera job :lol:

I was laughing alot when I read in subtitles name of Joel Schumaher :rotflmao:
All the movie I was thinking that it is looking like a comics and it is ... it is real Batman Strikes Back :eek:

HP - Goblet of Fire - What's a movie. I wished to scream : Luke, Use the force; all the time while my snowies was watching this piece of master. The eldery HP is grimacing and wearing his googles(2005 - no lenses?). The guy without nose is dangerous, he is screaming : I can touch You. And he is touching. And poor HP is screaming again. Yeah, that's a plot ... :puke:

The monologue - this is the central part of this movie. Bad guy is telling 10 minutes monologue, and touching after. Each person has a spot to tell something silly for at least 3-5 minutes. The students of academy of magic are so changefull, so naive.

The brighest spot of this movies is the waltz dansing. Yeah, that's really old snowmen dansing school, with jumping and two feets distance between the bodies :lol:

Anyway, HP is not so innocent as he was before :yawn:

dukes of hazzard was lame not enough *well i'll let you guess*

i thought it would be better than that :no:

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance by Chan-wook Park :rotflmao:

This is so lame, so stupid movie, that I was laughing from the begining to the end. So, the plot is REVENGE. The young girl helps to school teacher to kidnap small boy. School teacher killed him and put girl into a jail for 13 years. She get out and ... she found that this teacher kidnapped and killed four other kids. She kidnapped teacher and kill him in collaboration with the families of killed children. Huh! Good, not funny plot. But implementation.

Just a waste of time :nod:

Back