What's new

What song best describes you?

mthrlangl

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Right now, I'm leaning toward "Jaded" by Aerosmith. Is it bad to be jaded when you're only 20? :;sigh::

Personally, I don't think it's a horrible thing to be jaded at 20. In a way, it helps you deal with life better. Problems that would've earned crisis standing before are details that don't always require a lot of attention now. It kind of helps put things in perspective. Also, being 20 means you're still young enough to be sure that the future holds at least some measure of fun... if it doesn't, you're doing something wrong. ;)

Right now, Buying Time by Great Big Sea and Don't Get Your Back Up by Sarah Harmer are the two songs that describe me best.

Buying Time is about a person who is having trouble coming to grips with the futility of a romantic relationship. While I'm actually past that point, the bridge goes "I'm not afraid to sleep alone. I'm not afraid to be alone," and that's about as perfect a description of me as two lines will get. :)

Don't Get Your Back Up is similar, but the main character doesn't have any trouble at all with the end of the relationship. She's much more resigned to it and wants to let the whole thing drop. "It's late now and there's only four hours 'til I get up again. You know I'd wait somehow if I thought this was something that a little time could mend ... Let's leave this thing for a while - it's too far gone ... Won't you let me get some sleep tonight?" The whole attitude of the song is pretty accurate... I don't see the point in wasting time nitpicking about things when all it does is make two people miserable. Why would I want that if all it does is give me a headache?

-spinne-

I can't think of a better one, so I'll have to go with Naked by the Goo Goo Dolls...

Hehe, I'm different. Instead of one that describes me, I'll give you one that describes my life. Either Nirvana's "Lounge Act", or Bush' Glycerine.
One that used to describe me, but no longer really does, is Tool's "Sober."

Sober
I am just a worthless liar,
I am just an imbicile,
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you,
I will chew it up and leave.
I will work to elevate you,
Just enough to bring you down.

Spinne, that first song describes me to a tee about a year and some months ago too -- glad to hear you've gotten past it as well :hug:

as for me, this might require some thought...though, a couple years ago , a few specific people used to sing 'Let's Go" by the Cars to me, and it became my theme song of sorts. I must go and ponder this.

It really depends on my mood, Sometimes I feel like its help from the beatles, and others its born to be wild by steppin wolf. Then there is always let the good times roll, and then there is Dave Matthews the Dreaming Tree, and bruce springsteen born to run, and Blood Brothers. There really are way too many others to mention. So I guess you could say Im moody.

The more I think about this question the harder I'm finding it to answer. I think that it would be a peice composed by David Carr Glover called Clouds. I tend to believe that wordless music is much more expressive of a persons personality (haha). Also, I only believe that it represents me when I play it.
I played it at an estedford and I won, so I suppose that is a small example of the amount of emotion that I pour into my music (once I've got the peice down pat, of course).

Actually playing the music allows you to make it your own. To put your feelings and emotions into it, and music that is played in that way is so powerfull that there is nothing that can compair to it if you ask me.

ok, i'd love to say my personal theme song is "hip hug-her" by booker t. & the m.g.'s, but sadly i'm not that cool :tongue:

so i'd have to say it's ray stevens' "help me make it through the night" - i encourage you to download it, but you have to promise me you'll give it at least 40 seconds because the beginnning is very deceptive.

Very thought provoking question here -- great job Mth!

I need to ponder this for a serious answer.

But here's something fun for now from my skewed perspective of reality:
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
I Was Made For Loving U - Faster ****cat
You Can't Bring Me Down - Suicidal Tendencies

Some might incorrectly suggest the following:
I Don't Believe in Love - Queensryche
I Can't Get It - Hanoi Rocks

--|BRiT|

Originally posted by BRiT
Very thought provoking question here -- great job Mth!
--|BRiT|

I do occasionally have brief moments of clarity that allow me to think up insightful questions ;)

It used to be 'No Man's Land' by John Michael Montgomery. (about a girl whose husband left her alone to raise all thier kids' and she didn't have anything..and she had to work all these jobs to support them and stuff) ...everyone used to tell me that song was me to a T.
These days....my life has changed so much from that time....I don't have a clue what song would suit me anymore.
geesh....ummmm
Maybe that 'Shiny Happy People song'....by REM....?

Back