What's new

What was the last book you read?

Always An Alien

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Was it good? What made you choose that book?
(Might get to add some to my wish list.)

I just finished *Righteous Carnage: The List Murders* . I always find it amazing how the human mind can get so out of whack. Guess that is why I enjoy true crime reads a bit. Anyone else?

Geeez...probably Letters From The Inside by John Marsden.

It was a fantastic book, though the ending was rather scary.

<font color="#000000">[Edited by PsychoticIckyThing on October 23, 2000 (edited 1 time)]</font>

I'm in the middle of book 7 of the Wheel of Time series. I believe it's called Crown of Swords, but I'm not 100% sure. Unfortunately, I don't have much time for reading anymore, between school, Soup, and sleep. I suppose I could make time for it, but I'm usually so darn tired by the time I get home, that I just wanna post and sleep. ::sigh::

----------------------------
Alien - "Sh*t. I swallowed Yoda! ...Don't quote me on that."

My last was the new Harry Potter book (hee, hee, yes I'm almost 30 but boy I love this stuff).

Over the weekend I bought The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman (yes, another Young Adult fantasy book...sigh). Can't wait to read it, but my BF stole it and is reading it first
frown.gif

I found the lastest (E-book) by Laurence Gardner to be interesting to say the least, titled "Realm of the Ring Lords."

The Pelican Brief by John Grisham.
It was tolerable.

true crime's great but I haven't found anything that caught my eye, so I'm reading lots of Nelson DeMille right now. Just finished Lion's Game and Plum Island and now I'm reading Cathedral.

"No man can be condemed for owning a dog.
As long as he has a dog, he has a friend;
and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has."

- Will Rogers

Loyalty and love are the best things of all, and surely the most lasting. -- My Dog Skip

John Grisham's The Testament. It was a great book. But since I started this college thing I havnt had time to read for enjoyment. Oh well this christmas I will get some readin done.

accept what God and nature has given us each day with appreciation and gratitude, and never give up because somehow, somewhere were going to find fish and have a great time fishing!!!

Heh, MCSE Exam Cram: TCP/IP.
Not for those looking for stimulating literature.
lol.gif

spidergoolash: "heh, a cup of diesel dan - mwahhha"
me: "heh, a cup of me is like a cup of heaven!"

I finally finshed Crown of Swords! On to Path of Daggers..

"I will gather myself around my faith, for light does the darkness most fear." - Jewel

I'm now reading Earthsong by Victor Kelleher.
So far I've been pleasantly surprised, as the other book of his I was forced to read was blecch...one of the worst I've ever read. This one has been good.

From the Word Association thread.
Me: Splat.
Mth: PsychoticIckyThing
Me: Genius
Mth: ::snort::

I'm steamrolling thru "Timeline" by Michael Crichton - I can't put that book down...

My knob tastes funny.

Finished
I 5 Killer - Ann Rule (true crime)
love warps the mind a little - John Dufresne (novel-one of those you enjoy but not much really to it type)

Starting a little book called *Madness in the Family* by William Saroyan. Guess the title sounded interesting.

Poss, what's Timeline about? I really like Crichton, but I always seem to pass by that one.

"They call me Dr. Worm. Good morning, how are you? My name is Dr. Worm. I'm interested in things. I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real worm..I am an actual worm." - They Might Be Giants

Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart

He's a great comedian, so I had my aunt (she works in a library) grab this one for me. While I didn't read the whole book (each chapter is unrelated to the rest of the book, and I skipped over one or two that didn't seem interesting), I did find that most of it was just as hilarious as I'd expect from Jon Stewart.

My aunt says she has a great book for me to read, but I don't remember the title. I probably won't get it from her for another couple of weeks, but I'll be sure to check back in and let you guys know how it is.

out with the old, in with the nootch...

First Person Plural: My Life as a Multiple by Cameron West. Requirement for psychopathology class- really interesting, though. About a guy with multiple personality disorder.

"I'm sending you this photograph...I swear this one is gonna last..and all those other ****s were only practice." - Liz Phair

timeline. very in the way that explain about time travel..

------------------
"When do u no ur ready 4 1 thing or anything?"

Just finished reading On Parole by Akira Yoshimura

------------------
Alien: ...I mean, your **** makes a noise...that's just...disturbing

I'm almost finished re-reading Looking For Alibrandi. It's been voted the best book aimed at teenagers to be written from the 1990's, and believe me, it's a masterpiece. Even my parents saw the film of it, and loved it.

------------------
Lister from Red Dwarf -
"I want to get married, have a family... get lots of practice in the things you need to do to get a family"

I just finished reading the book "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide" by Douglas Adams, all 6 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books combined into one hilarious non-stop story.... loved that book, gonna read it again after I've read some others....

Back