What's new

what was your first car?

My first car was actually a truck. :)

I had a 1989 Mazda B2200 pickup that I bought brand new for $6995....I loved that thing! I could barely get it home as I had just learned how to drive stick and we had lots of steep inclines and big hills to get over while driving it home. So, I got a very good lesson right off of the bat! :laugh:

I actually took the truck and lowered it, put some chrome rims and redid the interior of the truck. Ended up customizing it some more and joining a car/truck club. Then, went on to start my own club named Independant Illusions and we won the Southern California mini-truck council Club of the Year award for two years straight in '92 and '93 :victory:

My first car was actually a truck. :)

I had a 1989 Mazda B2200 pickup that I bought brand new for $6995....I loved that thing! I could barely get it home as I had just learned how to drive stick and we had lots of steep inclines and big hills to get over while driving it home. So, I got a very good lesson right off of the bat! :laugh:

I actually took the truck and lowered it, put some chrome rims and redid the interior of the truck. Ended up customizing it some more and joining a car/truck club. Then, went on to start my own club named Independant Illusions and we won the Southern California mini-truck council Club of the Year award for two years straight in '92 and '93 :victory:

A buddy of mine had an 88 or 89 B2200 he had bought used. He pimped it out some. Painted it purple and put some nice shoes on it. I remember him pulling out the whole dash board and painting that too. It was a caution Orange with white accents. Pretty cool -- dumb color combo but hey were were teenagers at the time. :D

I always thought the truck was a little small for my tastes anyhow but we hauled a lot of crap in the back of that for a little truck it was a work horse and would take anything you could throw at it -- Then again most Mazadas are really good like that.

It was small, but all I could afford at the time. Loved the 'workhorse' aspect of it, agreed! :)

That was definitely an interesting color combo, but as you said....teenagers will do silly things at times! :rotfl:

My first car was actually a truck as well.
It was a 1979 chevy longbed with rust spots under and around the door, and all over the bed. It was brown with a little chrome. It had a 350 and I replace the transmissions once because I figured out how to power break. :vampire:
I tore a lot of parts up on that truck, but I had a lot of fun doing it...lol :nuts:

I have no car right now. But i am going to buy Hyundai i20, 5-speed, 6 cylinder
and lots of new features.
:sinister:

83 buick regal. had it painted black, threw some mag rims on her...4 kicker 12's in the trunk, ... ... summer nights, ya know!?

Back