What's new

What would you consider the worst sporting injury to get?

One of the worst injuries for a footballer is a cruciate knee ligament injury. Players rarely recover from a cruicate ligmament tear, so many great players have become average players because of it.

Eye injury would be one.

Alan Stacey got decapitated during the Belgian Grand Prix in the 60's. Melmut Marko got his eye wrecked after a stone hit him in the face. Plenty of drivers have been burnt alive. It doesn't bear thinking about.

The worst I have seen is Aaron Ramsey's broken foot after a tackle. I just squirmed so much in my seat when they showed the replay and the feet literally hanging of the hinges.. Terrible!!

Anything that happens to the spinal cord or neck. Those are the worst injuries ever and could paralyze you for life! Better not thing about that! ://

Injuring the back is the worst thing ever.
Although, things connected with the Achilles, are very bad for football players for example.

How about a ball sack exploding from a skateboard hitting it?

http://youtu.be/My3_MJGclSo
I'm going with this one.

I was going to say cracked ribs. at least with that, you can heal and eventually be able to move around okay. I wouldn't wanna move around if my sack went all kablewy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• YaQ1u.jpg
    YaQ1u.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 24
I think the worst is the one that Mihai Nesu got. Broken spinal and very little chances of ever walking again. But he is a tough man and will walk again, I just know it.

I think the worst is the one that Mihai Nesu got. Broken spinal and very little chances of ever walking again. But he is a tough man and will walk again, I just know it.

I hope and I think he will walk again, he already recovered fast and he has his family, friends and team mates close to support him. It's a very serious injury, maybe the worst.

Anything involving the spinal cord is one of the most severe injuries because not only does it run the risk of ending your sports career but you could end up paralyzed.

One of the worst injuries for a footballer is a cruciate knee ligament injury. Players rarely recover from a cruicate ligmament tear, so many great players have become average players because of it.

Rupture Achilles tendons are far far worse but rarely happen in football.

I've had a torn ACL and I recovered 100%, it depends how your body heals and the age that it happens.

Going off the worst sporting injury YOU'VE had thread, what do you think would be the worst sporting injury to get? This could be based on pain, ability to recover, uncomfortableness, etc. And be realistic, don't say "I think the worst would be my ball sack exploding from a tackle".

otmelg.gif

The worst is head injury. Nothing else works with that kind of injury so it pretty well covers all the bad ones rolled into one. These head injuries are very often fatal and always debilitating to a severe degree. I feel deeply for anyone who gets injured. Injuries have a way of changing the way people think about life before they got injured.

Torn achilles tendon would be very tough to recover from and even if you do, you're never 100% again. Then you have stuff like torn ACL's that are also tough injuries to deal with. Injuries just suck bottom line.

Spinal or head injuries are obviously the worst, but as far as common injuries I'd think an ACL tear would be pretty awful as would an injury that requires microfracture surgery.

This. There's the obvious ones that would threaten any person's livelihood let alone their ability to play sports.

But I think is some sports some injuries can be a bigger deal than in others.

I think one of the worst sport injuries is tearing your ACL. Tearing your ACL really prevents you from moving and it takes a long time to recover from.

The most painful injury would take place in soccer. With all the sliding they do a bad injury is bound to happen. The most painful would be sliding and then just shattering and snapping your entire leg. I don't even want to begin to think about the pain.

In my opinion, the worst injuries occur in Boxing and Football. In boxing, you get consistently hit on the head and it can lead to brain damage. In football, on the other had, you can fall and trip over and it may lead to a broken neck or spinal cord injury.

The most painful injury would take place in soccer. With all the sliding they do a bad injury is bound to happen. The most painful would be sliding and then just shattering and snapping your entire leg. I don't even want to begin to think about the pain.
You can recover from a leg injury and still play, but from spinal injuries, you almost never recover.

Back