What's new

What's next for Nick Diaz?

I'd be pretty bummed if Nick retired, but I highly doubt he will. Condit outsmarted Nick and got the victory, so what, most people still want to see Nick fight more than Carlos. All he has to do is come back and win 1 fight and he'll probably get the winner of Diaz/GSP. He would've gotten an immediate rematch if not for the suspension.

I'd rather watch Condit fight.

I would've agreed with you before the Diaz fight, but after watching that fight what makes you rather want to watch Condit that Diaz? Diaz was bringing the fight to Carlos and all Carlos did was backpedal and throw wimpy front leg kicks. I guess it's Nick's fault for not realizing what was going on after the first couple of rounds but good luck to Carlos if he thinks that's going to work against GSP.

The next step should probably be to stop smoking weed. At this point is it worth it? He is a world-class athlete and obviously it doesn't affect his performance (which is a whole other topic of debate). He has lost so much money and served so much time in suspensions that he should put it aside. At least within like 1 month of his fight or something.

Personally, I don't give a ****. Smoke weed, don't smoke weed; whatever you want to do...and it's absurd that it's considered a performance enhancing drug.

Diaz has a hard road ahead of him, though I did feel he won that fight. A shame how Carlos fought... while understandable it just feels like the fans got robbed after he gave such a long talk about how it was going to be a "dog-fight"

I hope he keeps fighting. He should just fight a few lesser opponents and earn another title shot. I really hope he wasn't serious about retiring. He is an exciting fighter despite his antics.

Diaz has a hard road ahead of him, though I did feel he won that fight. A shame how Carlos fought... while understandable it just feels like the fans got robbed after he gave such a long talk about how it was going to be a "dog-fight"

The thing is though...he talks a lot. He promises big things every time and he has been able to deliver in his wins. But when a guy like Condit actually comes in with a game plan it throws out whatever his intentions were. He went in thinking the guy would stand and bang like every other moron does. If Nick is a world-class boxer and BJJ like everyone says he is then he should have been able to trap Condit in the corner and inflict damage.

Instead Condit got out, went to the center, banged it out, disengage...repeat.

Back