What's new

What's the best alternative to Pandora radio?

future

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I seem to have ran out of new music on Pandora. They keep playing the same songs over and over. Does anyone know of another service similar to Pandora that's good for discovering new music?

Pandora is. But really, http://www.slacker.com/ is good. They focus more on different songs by different bands but also play a lot of the artist you choose.

Ooor you could make a new Pandora account. It prolly ran out of music you like because you've been "liking" songs and it is based off of that. Try making an account and disliking the songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
iHeartRadio is what I use and I've found a lot of good stuff.
You can get radio stations on it and build playlists based on bands or songs and new music will show up in those playlists similar (or it'll branch out, if you change your settings to do so) to what the playlist is set at.

It's an iPhone app, not sure if it's an app for anything else but they also have a website.
Anyway, it's pretty awesome. My dad is actually the one who told me about it at first and I've found a lot of cool stuff.

Plus if you listen to the radio stations, and you can select them locally or nationally, you can hear some pretty cool stuff also (well, depending on what you select).
Although, I've always found iHeartRadio's set-up on mobile to be a little confusing in some places but overall it's been pretty good to me. Downside is you can only skip songs you don't like a certain number of times a day. But if you set up multiple playlists, you can switch between them and the songs will change each time - so it's a good way to bypass the skipping limit.

I know and realise that this is not exactly what you are looking for, but I do think it's worth mentioning.

Here's one for all of you...Radio Waddenzee!

Jack and I saw this boat last year as we past through Holland...It's alright providing you understand and speak the Dutch language.

In my opinion the music mix at times are far better than anything we have here in the UK.

waddenzee_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back