What's new

What's the hardest fitness challenge you've tried? Would you challenge yourself to live in a cave?

~True Legend~

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Mine - try to do 200 squats a day! I litr had to get up from my work dest every half an hour or so to do 10 squats :p
Didn't last very long, lol... for about a week... during that time my resting heart rate unsurprisingly went down into the low 60's, since i stopped, it's back up again! lolz

I made this thread after coming across this:accomplishment of living in a cave
A Spanish extreme athlete has emerged from a cave after spending 500 days with no human contact, in what could be a world record.
Is this the kind of challenge you'd ever try out?

Ms Flamini later told reporters she lost track of time after about two months.

"There was a moment when I had to stop counting the days," she said, adding that she thought she had been in the cave for "between 160-170 days".
One of the toughest moments came when there was an invasion of flies inside the cave, leaving her covered, she said.

The extreme athlete also described "auditory hallucinations".

"You are silent and the brain makes it up," she said.

Experts have been using her time in isolation to study the impact of social isolation and extreme temporary disorientation on people's perception of time.

Ms Flamini's support team said she has broken a world record for the longest time spent in a cave, but the Guinness World Records has not confirmed whether there is a record for voluntary time living in a cave.

My hardest challenge was a half a century bike ride (50 miles). A friend of mine did it with me (he'd done them before) and it was encouraging to have someone rooting for me. The end was the worst because my back hurt so bad. I have a road bike and was used to riding 20 miles a day and had even done 30 at one point before then.

My hardest challenge was a half a century bike ride (50 miles).
Oh wow, congratulations!! :D
Reckon you'll challenge yourself for an even longer distance? :cool:

A friend of mine did it with me (he'd done them before) and it was encouraging to have someone rooting for me.
That support and encouragement always helps :hearteyecat:

The end was the worst because my back hurt so bad.
Yeah, I'm not surprised. I read an article the other day - I learnt that bike riders often have poor posture. :(

Oh wow, congratulations!! :D
Reckon you'll challenge yourself for an even longer distance? :cool:

That support and encouragement always helps :hearteyecat:

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I read an article the other day - I learnt that bike riders often have poor posture. :(

I think I just have a bike that's too large for me, so that makes sense about poor posture! I should have bought a ladies bike instead of a men's.

I think I just have a bike that's too large for me, so that makes sense about poor posture! I should have bought a ladies bike instead of a men's.
I mean poor posture in general. Is it okay to ask your gender is? :)

Back