Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

psi

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What position do you normally sleep in?
They say certain positions is indicative of your true inner personality...

If you change positions like roll a lot and turnover without one specific one choose Other

Post honest approach to how we all sleep here.

Im curious to see how the way I sleep sayes I am personality wise and to see if its acurate. Wheres that info?

supposedly i start on my back and end up on my stomach, but i'm really not aware of it

littleshortyluv said:
Im curious to see how the way I sleep sayes I am personality wise and to see if its acurate. Wheres that info?

I'm still getting that together. Figured by the time most have voted on poll I'd post the online link to the article because it came out of magazine (but can't remember until I find the real paper version I have in my psychology notes from "early" college.)

But here's one from doctor's office I read and remembered name of magazine that's in that line of things:

http://magazines.ivillage.com/redbook/sex/articles/0,,284440_294906,00.html

There's about six articles on the subject I have sorted out because my paper research was sleep.

Mostly on my side, but I always end up on my back and then back to my side, then I do a 180 and flop to the other side . . . I basicly just flop all around.

I checked other cuz I am invariant in my position. I am staying all the time in our backyard. I am sleeping in standing position too ... The sun is hot today ... time to change underwear :eek:

I used to toss and turn more when I was younger, but now I find myself always lying on my side, one leg farther out than the other, and one hand under my pillow. I never lie on my back, no matter the situation, mainly because of the fact that I feel extremely vulnerable. And lying on my stomach makes my case of scholeosis (sp?) act up.

noodle - you feel vulnerable lying on your back? like a cat? :tongue:

i tend to feel more vulnerable on my stomach.. when i'm sleeping on my stomach and my alarm clock goes off, i usually jump up like a ninja, ready to kill an intruder or something

lol MJ, you should get one of those new alarm clocks that move so you can do your hong kong kung phooey on the mobile clock.....hiyyyyyaaaah.

I don't know how or if I change positions during the night, but I always fall asleep on my right side, curled up.

Usually, I sleep on my side with one knee towards me and the other extended. But sometimes, I sleep on my stomach with my head turned, sprawled out. I probably move around during the night.
I don't like sleeping on my back, because it sometimes gives me sleep paralysis episodes, which always freak me out.

What about snoring? Does your sleeping position affect that?
I don't snore. I stayed up all night once, just to see, and I didn't snore one time.

Get a video camera and run tape for full six hours to film yourself sleeping and you'll find if you snore eh!!! :yawn:

I'm not sure which to put this under 'cause I sleep on my back with my legs bent (hoping that doesn't sound too rude lol) which is the best way for your back.

True, becuase when you lie on your back with your legs straight, your back arches more.

Im weird. I go through different positions before I accually fall asleep. First Im on my back, cuz I watch tv, then on my side, and then on my stomach. I have rls (restless leg) alot, so Im always moving. I think, though, that Im more of the fetal position. One leg is straight, and one is bent and my hand is under my pillow.

i have to sleep right on the edge of the bed in a fetal position but after a while i have to kick my legs out of the bed and continue to kick around, my poor bf got all bruised at the weekend lol

on my stomach legs spread apart and are close or spread and both sides both together

This depends on a few things, if i am alone or not and if i am hot or cold

Alone, cold, I curl up into a ball and cover myself in the devet,

Alone, hot, I have one leg hanging out or on top of the devet and the other leg is under neither with the devet half covering me

If my girlfriend is around and im cold, i'll just curl up behind her, one arm over her and hold her close with the covers over me, sometimes this can get un combtable as i don't know where to put my arm i am sleeping on (as im on my side) anyone solved this problem, if so post it here.

with Girlfriend and hot, i'll do the same as above but pull the covers half of me and maybe leave a little space between us, not much, thats all i think.

hellfire said:
If my girlfriend is around and im cold, i'll just curl up behind her, one arm over her and hold her close with the covers over me, sometimes this can get un combtable as i don't know where to put my arm i am sleeping on (as im on my side) anyone solved this problem, if so post it here.

Try sleeping with your arm under your pillow, almost like your laying your arm on your head. Although I sleep like that w/out anyone in front of me, it may work for you. Just watch out, becuase my whole arm always falls asleep and I wake up thinking my arm is gone! :ut-oh:

Back