What's new

When someone says they will turn up to do a job at a certain time but doesn't.

Shortie

Expert Talker
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
So today, I have been stuck in now all afternoon after I was told that I would be having a gas check done on the property I live in. Whilst I know this is essential it doesn't help that when you were given a time they would be here to do the gas check, they still haven't turned up yet and you are still waiting to see if they contact you or turn up still so that you don't end up with the fees because they turned up and you were not there.

Have you ever been in a situation where someone says they will turn up at a certain time to complete a job but doesn't and you are left waiting?

It is now 7:13 pm for me and I have no clue if they will still turn up or not and needing to head out, it's a bit of a pain.

That's humans for you. Some of them don't know work ethics. They don't turn up on time and don't even do for the day and you get no message from them at all. it can be very annoying and frustrating

I have been in situations like this countless times, I just try not to put all my mind or hope on people just in case they disappoint me.

I really hate the situation and I have faced it several times. It can be annoying. If it is delayed by a professional, I judge his work ethics. Some of them are really caught up, but they are sincere enough to make a call and inform you. If friends and family do it, I am very upset. I think that it is very important to respect other's time and space.

Back