What's new

Where does the money come from?

Even if you write it off, you still have to spend the money in the first place.

He is probably making a good amount of money for his job. I know someone who was vp of Amoco for years--an idea of a play date was to take my son to Enchanted Castle and spend 100 on tokens--just for fun.
He said that when he was living abroad they paid his housing-and he got the same salary so he was able to save his money and get his house here.
So they could be in huge debt--or he knew how to invest in order to get all these things.
Does the wife work?

I'm not sure if she works. She drives around a lot and I see her coming and going at home, so either part time or not at all.

Some people do not understand the rewards of doing things yourself. I have always done most stuff myself, and with my hubby of course for the heavy stuff and we have laborers that could do it, but it's a kind of peaceful therapy to do it yourself. Tell here you are a perfectionists and would never trust a lawn company to do it.

Btw, $400 for having a landscape company lay mulch is sounds pretty cheap if they did her whole landscape....just sayin. The average charge to lay mulch is about 75 to 100 bucks a yard just for the labor. Ridiculous I know, but many people can't do physical labor.

I was thinking $400 sounded cheap too. As I happily wrote out a check for more than that to have our yard edged, mulched and trimmed. Some times it's just easier to pay for it to be done. DH would have to spend an entire Saturday and Sunday doing it. We value family time on the weekends.

Back