What's new

where to get DD's ears pierced?

mommysix

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I know this is hard to believe but DD15 is such a tomboy she hasn't even wanted pierced ears until now and it's been quite a few years since my Mom took me to Clairs and got mine done! :surrender: I'm not sure where to go.

Can anyone tell me - do I just go to the mall, is it safe?

Thank you!

I went to claires for dd's first one--at age 8

for her second ones at 16 we went to walmart--same technique a lot cheaper

Just go to Claire's. Don't waste your money on a professional piercer.

We have had good experiences at Claire's also. They will mark the lobes first before using the piercing gun so just make sure they look even. I think it is worth the extra cash to go for a higher quality stud because they have to keep them in for so long.
Good Luck!

I've heard sometimes your doctor will do it...but I can't imagine that would be cheap.

Claire's for us, too. They've been able to do both ears at the same time instead of one at a time. :)

I had dd's ears done at Claire's last year when she was 4. It was suggested to me that we find a place with 2 piercers so they could do them both at the same time. It was a good suggestion. I also agree that you need to go with the high quality studs as they have to leave them in for maybe something like six weeks.

Personally, I pierced ears as a teenager at a Claire's competitor. I won't be taking my daughter there when the time comes. Looking back, I don't think we were trained that well. Just because the holes are even doesn't mean the hole won't be crooked front to back, so the earring looks off to one side.

I also do not recommend taking infants/toddlers to a store like that. The guns they use are not sized for such small ears and it's really hard to get them centered and done accurately, especially if the child gets upset.

Thanks everyone! I can't believe Claire's is still the place to go and I didn't even know Walmart did piercing.

Kris - are you thinking you would go to a salon or something like that? Not that I've got the too small child issue here since she's bigger than me.

we just took dd6 a few months ago to claires. It was great. I would recommend going on a week night and not like a saturday day when the store is likely to be crowded, busy and the workers can get distracted

Kris - are you thinking you would go to a salon or something like that? Not that I've got the too small child issue here since she's bigger than me.

When I worked in those stores, they were staffed mainly with high school girls only there for a short time. Wherever you go, I'd look for someone who has been doing this a long time. A piercing shop or salon would be more likely to have someone more experienced. A piercing shop also wouldn't use a gun, which can't be fully sanitized.

Luckily my daughter is two so I don't have to deal with this for awhile.

I would go to a professional piercer who uses a needle rather than a gun. A gun has a blunt point which actually has to displace tissue whereas a pointed needle just goes through it.

I would go to a professional piercer who uses a needle rather than a gun. A gun has a blunt point which actually has to displace tissue whereas a pointed needle just goes through it.

That is my fear with the mall stores, they are staffed with high school girls that are trained on the job. Yeah that gun skeeves me too. I did find a doctor that does it but I haven't gone to her since she too uses a gun.

This is how OLD I am....my older sister pierced my ears when I was 12 with a ICE, Needle and Thread! and then I hid it from my Father, because he said, "If God would have wanted HOLES in your Ear lobes, he would have put them there" of course after they were done, he just shook his head.

This is how OLD I am....my older sister pierced my ears when I was 12 with a ICE, Needle and Thread! and then I hid it from my Father, because he said, "If God would have wanted HOLES in your Ear lobes, he would have put them there" of course after they were done, he just shook his head.[/QUOTE

This is how my mil and aunt in law got their ears pierced. Ive heard the story many times:)

This is how OLD I am....my older sister pierced my ears when I was 12 with a ICE, Needle and Thread! and then I hid it from my Father, because he said, "If God would have wanted HOLES in your Ear lobes, he would have put them there" of course after they were done, he just shook his head.

This is how my mother pierced her own ears. She was 17 her mother was super strict and when she passed away, my mom took a needle cleaned it and did it herself.

I've had my ears pierced when I was 2 days old. I should have done DDs when they where babies too but DH was freaked out about it.

This is how my DH pierced my nipple.

Notice there is no 'S' in the above word.

This is how my mother pierced her own ears. She was 17 her mother was super strict and when she passed away, my mom took a needle cleaned it and did it herself.

I've had my ears pierced when I was 2 days old. I should have done DDs when they where babies too but DH was freaked out about it.

This. I should have done the same thing, then when she was old enough she didn't want any part of it. Then she wanted it but was scared. Now she wants to do it and I'm nervous! Braces come off Tues, she's figured out how to use the straightening iron and she's started HS this year....it's time.

Back