What's new

Where's the best place to buy appliances?

woodenspoon

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Man this is gonna hurt.
My wash machine is on its last breath.
My fridge is going and its freezer is already.
Does any1 know where the best place to buy appliances.
I'm praying 4 a deal...
Thx every1.

Puerto Rico? Canada. :9:

Search around and price match. Lowes and Home Depot will take an additional 10% off beyond the competitor's price. You can shop online to compare prices.

Call ABT in Glenview if you want new. They deliver everywhere and price match.

If you need used or cheap, check Craigslist.

Good, luck!

i would do craigslist, especially if you want 'white' color. We were able to get a stove($75), over the range microwave($50), and dishwasher($40) all from craiglist because people were upgrading to the stainless steel look. And if you're willing to drive to a nicer area (orland, mokena, naperville) the stuff is often nicer:)

If funds are tight I'm another vote for Craigslist.

We've been satisfied with our CL Fridge, Deep freeze, washer and dryer. I dont know if I will ever buy appliances new. Just IMO.

If funds are tight I'm another vote for Craigslist.

We've been satisfied with our CL Fridge, Deep freeze, washer and dryer. I dont know if I will ever buy appliances new. Just IMO.

I told my DH the same thing. I don't think i'll ever buy appliances new again!

check out Sears Outlet too. Some of the machines have scratches or dents but you pay less.

If you're going to buy new, nobody beats ABT.

I bought an entire kitchen of new appliances two years ago and they were way cheaper than anybody else. Free delivery and set up if needed. Fabulous customer service. In addition to price matching anybody (in store or online) they also have a 30 day price guarantee. I bought a large flat screen TV online the day after Thanksgiving a couple of years ago for a price that beat Amazon by quite a bit. Exactly 30 days later the price was about $150 dollars cheaper than what I paid. Called customer service, the guy asked for my order number comes back saying something along of the lines of "I'm sorry, but...." and I'm thinking they are going to argue that I missed the deadline, he continues "...because it's so late in the day your credit won't appear on your card until tomorrow"

I don't think I would ever shop anyplace else for new.

ABT in glenview they have the best service and employees and prices We have been going to them for 27 years and my parents before us went there

Back