What's new

which do you prefer - coke or pepsi

spidergoolash

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
we go thru at least seven two-liter bottles of pepsi per week. my husband acts like a weirdo if there is no soda in the house. he says coke is too sweet. he will drink rc cola in a pinch. in fact, i think he may like it almost as much as pepsi.

my favorite beverage is green tea ... i drink at least five huge cups of the stuff every day.

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

Pepsi,

The choice of a GNU Generation.
smile.gif

Ski Bum

I'm a Coke man, although I'm one of the only people I know who actually likes Mountain Dew, aka Deer Piss.

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

I'm partial to Coke but Pepsi will do in a pinch. Actually, I like cherry Coke the best (they kind where they actually mix cherry syrup or grenadine in it).

-bp

Pyroxy> What is the purpose of that site? By the URL, you would think they have a specific complaint about Coca Cola, but all they did was post news clippings about problems with Coca Cola, Inc.
Do they have a basis for their boycott, or is it just something they're doing because they have a baseless grudge against the company?

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

Coke all the way

I, too, like "deer piss". It's wonderful.

what I miss is something I think you could only find in the south and I don't think is made anymore...Buffalo Rock Cola.

anybody here like fresca?

yummy - kind of like grapefruit-flavored 7-up.

------------------

Fresca, i guess its like Citra? I like Citra, but my beverage of choice is iced tea or seltzer

cool.gif

------------------
"The more I know the less I understand"

I think Fresca is just plain nasty! I tried it once and threw out the bottle after two sips. I guess I was hoping it would taste better after the first sip because maybe I would've developed an immunity by then.
smile.gif

------------------
From another BBS:

As long as there are cold ones in the fridge when I wake up, dont much care if its diet pepsi or diet coke. Switch back & forth over pref.

*note: Fresca was GREAT back in the 70's - sucks now.

Diesel Dan:

I dunno, I just found the site awhile back and thought it might be of interest in the thread. I DEFINATELY have a different outlook on Coke products after reading that page. Did you catch the part about the rats, pigeon feathers and droppings, roaches and mold? And all the contamination problems in Europe as well. It seems it is not an isolated problem but rather the norm.

:-O

------------------

Regards,

Pyroxy

Is it time for another Tea Party?

[Edited by Pyroxy @ June 14, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

I did notice that, but I would also imagine that similarly large companies, such as Pepsico, have similar issues with possible contamination. They just don't have a crap site dedicated to draining their business.
Yet, I still drink both Coke and Pepsi.

------------------
From another BBS:

Coke #1 (restaurants/fast food) Nothing like a nice fresh coke at my favorite italian restaurant.
smile.gif

Pepsi at home. I rarely drink pepsi or coke at home though, I am addicted to black cherry, cream soda, and sunkist in that order.
smile.gif

------------------
Alien - Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

DR PEPPER!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAA GRRRRRAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAA

[Edited by Alien @ June 16, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

I definately have to go with Coke..Diet Coke, actually. Pepsi is too sweet for me. And, people think I'm crazy for saying this, but the Diet Coke overseas just tastes better.

As to the Fresca question, I like it. There's some in my fridge at home right now, actually.

------------------
You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. - Calvin

SpiderG, I find what your husband says about Coke being too sweet hard to believe. If you take a peep at the nutrition label it shows that Pepsi contains two grams more of sugar than Coke. 37g or 39g? Doesn't make much of a difference, but I'm a heavy soda drinker and that extra suger means extra calories when I'm not drinking diet. Pespsi does taste sweeter...

I would prefer Coke, when given the choice, but I'll accept either one.

My favorite drink is from that sweet little exotic green fruit not commonly found in the US. It's guava!!! I love that stuff!

hmmm, more sugar in pepsi? great, that's all he needs. he's already wound up like an eight-day clock. maybe his brain is fried from drinking too much soda? i don't frigging know.

it's like mass hysteria around here if there is no soda to be had. i'm getting sick of buying it. my arms are getting tired
smile.gif

------------------

oops, double post.

------------------

[Edited by spidergoolash @ June 26, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

Back