What's new

Which OS are user friendly?

jamessmith290

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
In my opinion Windows XP and WIndows '98 are really user friendly Operating System..

Personally, I liked the old versions of Windows better as well ... Windows XP, 2000, NT 4, 98 and 95 were pretty user friendly. Vista appears slow and convoluted to me, and I find Windows 7 confusing (but other people do seem to like that one). MacOS X is also pretty user friendly. Many modern Linux distros are pretty user-friendly as well, like Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian and OpenSUSE. Solaris and OpenSolaris is user-friendly too. FreeBSD and OpenBSD too (once installed and configured properly). MorphOS and AmigaOS 4 are user-friendly. Haiku (when it's finished) will be user-friendly too.

Nowadays, there's only few OSes that aren't user-friendly, IMO.

A lot of the Linux distros have grow up a lot in the past few years thats for sure.

From my POV everything is every friendly once you get used to it. :D I think once you master one navigating around one OS it's pretty easy to apply those skills in another OS.

I think for computer newbies OS X would probably be the best to setup them up with if you can afford it. If not, Ubuntu is really nice and user friendly. One of the benefits of not having to run antivirus 24/7 means you can throw it on under powered computers and they'd be more usable then they would be with Windows.

Windows 7 has really been awesome for me. I like it so much I rarely use my Mac or boot into Ubuntu anymore. Coupled with Microsoft Security Essentials (AV & AM) it's just as easy to use as OS X. UAC is still a little annoying but not nearly as much as it was in Vista.

At the end of the day it all comes down to what you're doing with your computer and what your comfortable with. :)

so far I use windows xp. going to try windows 7 soon, as I have to buy/upgrade it.

i think it depends upon your comfortness and which os you like most will be friendly for you no doubt about it..

Win XP and Ubuntu I'm using both of them. Although Ubuntu is a bit complicated initially.

I am a winxp user

I install a lot of OS's but when it comes to easy use

then the one that 99.6% of clients want me to install is winxp

Back